More garage lighting

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited August 29, 2007 in People
My two older children taken last week on their first day of school. Unfortunately, these were taken while my wife was rushing us out the door so we wouldn't be late.

Anyone interested in this type of lighting should check out the incredible work of Kevyn Major Howard.

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Your kids have me smiling from ear to ear! My goodness but your kids are growing up fast. Wonderful first day of school shots. Even if you were hurried.

Virginia

Email
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Very nice shots..your children have beautiful eyes =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,093 moderator
    edited August 29, 2007
    Mitch,

See what happens when you feed them? They grow up! (Otherwise they tend to complain a lot, especially older teens.) I love their smiles and eyes. Youth has all the looks and all the luck, they just don't know it.

While I like a lot about the lighting, I do wish it was a bit more from the side, which you could do by rotating the subject and moving the camera to suit. You might need a bit of fill as well, unless you want to go with a more "Rembrandt" style with deep shadows.

I also suggest the works of Audrey Woulard for inspiration in natural lighting:

http://www.audreywoulard.com/
    http://www.alwphotography.com/
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    These are very good. Have you considered renting your garage as a studio space? rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8