My daughter at 3 months - c&C welcome

fclarkfclark Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 29, 2007 in People
I've been trying to get a good shot to use as my daughter's 3 month picture. I lent out my tripod so I'm having a hard time both being behind the camera as well as trying to get a smile! We probably won't use this shot since her finger's in her mouth, but I think it really shows the mischevioue glint in her eye at three months already!!

Any suggestions for improving the lighting, etc are much appreciated - I have almost no budget at this point, but would love to improve with what I have. Lighting is window light from the left - looking at it now I'm wondering if I should have used a reflector on the right?

IMG_3768_8x10.jpg
An amateur eager to learn!
Shooting with Digital Rebel XT w/kit lens and Canon 50/1.8
Wish list: Tamron 28-75 2.8; Flash

Gallery: fclark.smugmug.com

Comments

• Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I think it is a cute shot (I like her finger in her mouth). I also think the light looks good. What a cutie you have =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    The shadow on the right is a little distracting. A reflector could have helped with that. I would also prefer not to have the V shaped shadows in the background. A reflector may lessen them. Or maybe use a flat background. It's a cute pose and the finger is very natural. Cute baby!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    snapapple wrote:
    The shadow on the right is a little distracting. A reflector could have helped with that. I would also prefer not to have the V shaped shadows in the background. A reflector may lessen them. Or maybe use a flat background. It's a cute pose and the finger is very natural. Cute baby!

I agree a reflector would have helped and the V shape kind of takes the focus a way from the baby. I don't know that I'd really want to lighten the shadow on the face so much as the shadow from the chair.

I think overall it's a really cute shot and I can see her personality coming through in the image. The reflections in her eyes are nice. :D
    Katie