Second guessing myself

hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
edited August 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Which picture is stronger? With the man or without? Should I scrap these and try something else? Any comments appreciated. Thanks!!
189350051-L.jpg
187056569-L-1.jpg

Edit: The title is Project No. 247.

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    The one with the person tells the story of a project car in progress better... closer, different angle would be stronger though... Without the person working on the car the background and the blue and red lights are distracting... I would try a higher angle focusing on the engine while still capturing at least part of the grill and front end... and remove the tools and stuff from the fenders... for what its worth... either way, closer and a different angle

Winston
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I on the other hanbd thing the car on it's own stands very well. The only thing I didn't like about your original image was the guy (maybe if he was standing still, i'd like it more)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I'm with Pyro -

I like the version without the guy. All the things that distracted Winston actually appealed to me. The mixture of lights makes it rich and vibrant. The tools tell me it's a work in progress. If you really want a person in the shot stick a couple of 2x4's under the front end and "dress" them with blue jeans and tennis shoes..... :D

Good Luck!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    i'm leaning toward the first one, more up close and personal, love the lighting and all the vivid colors!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I think I'll go with my gut, the car only. The motion blur one was kind of an accident, and I don't think it conveys what I thought it would (meaning man as part of the machine). Thanks for your comments, guys. Much appreciated.
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I like the one without the man. I also like SaltFork's idea of the tenni's under the car.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    KISS - Simplify, Simplify...
    hamster wrote:
    Which picture is stronger?

#1 is much stronger hamster...

But, our recent bout w state fair judges taught us to eliminate too many objects, so I would deep six the tools. I also think the blue light should be removed, since the dominant colors are red and green. Cloning the 2nd car out would also satisfy the simpler, more artistic image...

Just my 2c...
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    BistiArt wrote:
    #1 is much stronger hamster...

But, our recent bout w state fair judges taught us to eliminate too many objects, so I would deep six the tools. I also think the blue light should be removed, since the dominant colors are red and green. Cloning the 2nd car out would also satisfy the simpler, more artistic image...

Just my 2c...

15524779-Ti.gif
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

thumb.gif