Alaska Silver Salmon for the Fishermen

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited August 30, 2007 in Sports
My buddy is up from Idaho for a couple days and dying to bring home as much fish as possible, so we've been getting up waaaay before the sun and heading out to the river these last few days. I'm not too interested in fishing, but he's stoked, so that's alright. :D

Limited out the first day - two silvers and a chum each.
fish01.jpg

Mitch and some fish.
fish02.jpg

Pretty fish the second day.
fish03.jpg

This is where I got disappointed. I missed a great shot because I was holding my pole instead of my camera. By the time I fixed that issue, the shot was gone. I had perhaps three times the number of fish in this first photo framed nicely with the entire scene bathed in the golden light on the left edge of the second photo. I was bummed that I missed that! :cry Oh well, you can ALMOST get the idea from these lesser shots. :D

fish04.jpg

fish05.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 29, 2007
    holy cow! Look at all the fish in the water! puts new meaning to "shooting fish in a barrel" lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    holy cow! Look at all the fish in the water! puts new meaning to "shooting fish in a barrel" lol3.gif

NO JOKE. I wonder how you caught so FEW!? Try a stick of dynamite next time and bring home a truckload. Great shots to get such detail though.clap.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler