Another Decision....

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited August 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey y'all,

Just wanted to get a couple of opinions. These were actually my fallbacks while looking for my main subject. Which do you like? Thanks in advance!

188743420-L.jpg

189096178-L.jpg

3 - Updated based on suggestions
189665617-L.jpg

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    too bad they are not actually doing something...
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    #2 tells me more "story." I feel like this is the end of the day after a long one spent building houses.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Hey JT

I would have to agree with Felicia...#2 tells me a story...but something doesn't seem right with my eye, maybe it is the darkness in the right corner...I can't quite put my "eye" on it...

I like the strength and feel of #1, but I think it is lacking something....

Ok maybe it is too manly and that is what the problem is with my eye...:D

You know how you guys are...Oooo Oooo Tools Tools....whereas I am Oooo Shoe Sale Shoe Sale..
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    #2 is great, love the PP
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    #2 is easier to parse which I think makes it stronger. The sky does have the polarizer-on-steroids look which I think is worth toning down. I think it may also be worth doging the area around the shovel on the backhoe to bring out a bit more detail there if you can. It looks like the asphalt is fresh and very black, so there may not be much to recover.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    #2 thumb.gif

I agree with the comment about dodging the area around the shovel of the backhoe.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Thanks y'all for the input. I'm still on the hunt for my originally planned shot but if it doesn't come about, then I think I'll rework #2 (I did get heavy on polarization) . I appreciate the advice!
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    ....You know how you guys are...Oooo Oooo Tools Tools....whereas I am Oooo Shoe Sale Shoe Sale..
    lol3.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like #2, but unlike most people, I'm usually a fan of heavily polarized/processed skies. It reminds me of that movie with Jim Carry, where he's trapped in a fake town and is the subject of a TV show... dang, can't recall the title...headscratch.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Updated
    Decreased the polarization and dodged the pavement. New version added at the beginning of the post for comparison. Thanks!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Wow JT...what a difference a "day" makes..Laughing.gif

I like #2 a lot better now....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Strikeslip wrote:
    lol3.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like #2, but unlike most people, I'm usually a fan of heavily polarized/processed skies. It reminds me of that movie with Jim Carry, where he's trapped in a fake town and is the subject of a TV show... dang, can't recall the title...headscratch.gif

Truman
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Truman
    Yeah! :D