Options

Not sure where to post...(help with Adobe Premiere stills+video)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited August 31, 2007 in Finishing School
I have some picture which I have taken and when displayed on my PC screen they look ok. Now I am trying to combine these images with some video I have taken (couple of minutes of video a couple of digital stills bit more video, more stills etc.). But when I insert the pictures and then play the video back all my pictures are not as sharp as they were and seem to have have soft edges.

I am using Adome Premeire elements for the video production, any suggestions :scratch

Tim

Comments

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    Video by design is much lower resolution than a photograph. Even in HD, the maximum resolution you will get is 1920x1080. A standard TV drops that to 704x480 maximum (I think). Compare that with my 8MP 20D's picture size of 3504x2336 and you'll see why a lot of quality is lost.

I don't use Premiere, so I'm not sure the best way to work around it is. You might try resizing your pictures in Photoshop (maybe with a little sharpening), and then inserting them into the video.
    Chris
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 30, 2007
    I'm sending this off to Digital Darkroom where there should be more Adobe Premiere users to answer questions.

edited up your title as well to attract more attention to the issue.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
    I will try reducing the size of the pictures and see what that does

Sorry for posting in the wrong room :(:

Tim
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
    I'm a video producer by trade, but haven't used stills for some time. In the analogue days, we would simply film (videotape) the still on a stat board and treat it like any other piece of video. I would suggest taping the stills rather than inserting them, or try making the stills into a quicktime move first. That may help the resolution. Others with Premiere experience may have a work-around. My experience in digital is with Final Cut and Avid.

As Chris says, stills are an inherent problem.
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
    I use Sony Vegas for my home videos and usually just insert the stills directly into a track. It's video scalar must be pretty good, because they come out looking sharp on the TV. ne_nau.gif
    Chris