Options

clean your screen?

BreaBrea Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited February 27, 2005 in Technique
hey everybody, yes yes it is me Brea, i have risen from the dead. sorry bout that, for those of you who dont know im a long time lurker, not a big poster. anyway... back to the question (o ya im not sure what place this goes in, so you can move it if its worng, i guessed my best.)

Anyway!
What does everybody out there use to clean their screen?
I found that a little piece of soft flannel works pretty well, but not the best sometimes, wondering if theres a better thing to use. please tell of your wonderful tricks. How do you clean your screen?

im off to catch up on some photography ive missed over the last while, i see the site is a little different, im excited.
Thanks,
Brea
BREA (Moulin Rouge)- 9/yo 16hh thoroughbred mare

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Brea wrote:
    hey everybody, yes yes it is me Brea, i have risen from the dead. sorry bout that, for those of you who dont know im a long time lurker, not a big poster. anyway... back to the question (o ya im not sure what place this goes in, so you can move it if its worng, i guessed my best.)

Anyway!
    I found that a little piece of soft flannel works pretty well, but not the best sometimes, wondering if theres a better thing to use. please tell of your wonderful tricks. How do you clean your screen?

im off to catch up on some photography ive missed over the last while, i see the site is a little different, im excited.
    Thanks,
    Brea

computer screen or camera lcd screen?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Your shirt will do anything....
  • Options
    BreaBrea Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    i meant LCD screen, forgot that part

humungus, lol good answer.
    BREA (Moulin Rouge)- 9/yo 16hh thoroughbred mare
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Brea wrote:
    i meant LCD screen, forgot that part

humungus, lol good answer.
    Sadly in my case im not joking... camera... chin... computer... glasses.. its all the same to me.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    My thumb. On my last camera, I applied those clear Palm sticky covers. Worked alright, except that with use, one corner would start to peel up. I keep meaning to put one on the new camera.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    My thumb. On my last camera, I applied those clear Palm sticky covers. Worked alright, except that with use, one corner would start to peel up. I keep meaning to put one on the new camera.

i never used to put screen protecters on my lcd screens. but i do now, becuase someone who bought a camera from me beefed aboout a tiny scratch on the lcd... sooooooo i put the palm screen protectors on my 1Ds Mark II screen, all happy now :D
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Whatever shirt I'm wearing at the time.:D
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Your shirt will do anything....

Yup...works for me too! thumb.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Like Andy, I put a screen protector on the cameras LCD screen. Both for protection, but also for the glare reduction and the fact that I can wipe it off with my finger to clean it. If a lot of oil builds up on it, then like the other I use a handy piece of shirt or tie to clean it.
    Brea wrote:
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Like Andy, I put a screen protector on the cameras LCD screen. Both for protection, but also for the glare reduction and the fact that I can wipe it off with my finger to clean it. If a lot of oil builds up on it, then like the other I use a handy piece of shirt or tie to clean it.
    My tie's no good, I end up with food on the screen!:D
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    I just wring it out when it loads up with too much gravy rolleyes1.gif
    And a small whisk broom can take care of any crumbles and stuff!
    gubbs wrote:
    My tie's no good, I end up with food on the screen!:D
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    This is what I use on any glass or plastic surface (glasses, laptop screen, camera, lenses etc.) Seems to work great.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=310822&pfp=XSELLPRODAUTO&xsfrom=310810&xsdesc=Notebook+Screen+Cleaning+Wipes
    Its 3M Microfiber
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    get one of those cleaning cloths meant for eyeglasses. they work great! also good for your lenses, too :):