Options

Api 1.2.1

kansaschuckkansaschuck Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
So I see there are some new bells and whistles in 1.2.1 API.

Any general friendly timeline on when it might be released?

Thanks!

KC

Comments

• Options
    rkallarkalla Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    After the first blood-moon of the new year of the pig

*waves staff*

Actually I think David said something about this Fall.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 2, 2007
    G'day Chuck,

I have been tied up with rewrite of MacUploader for a few months.

So, I am hoping that I can resume development of the API 1.2.1 this week, after I have ironed out a few bugs for Riyad on 1.2.0.

I would like to have a release out within a month or so, but I will just have to see how much time I can dedicate to the task.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    kansaschuckkansaschuck Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Great...
    If you need some early testing I'd be happy to help. I'm interested in the watermater code.

Thanks!
  • Options
    TazzyTazzyTazzyTazzy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    Comments & searches
    My feature requests for 1.2.1... :ivar
    • Comments
    Would be nice to be able to read/write/edit(replace)/delete comments for images via the API. Would love to integrate this into my drupal module for smugmug.

In the image get info request, include the number of comments for an image so I don't have get all comments for each image to show how many comments are available for an image. I just have to fetch comments only when someone views the image.
    • Searches
    1. Be able to search for words in album names/descriptions, as well as image descirptions. Not sure if this would be two seperate API calls - one for albums, and one for images..or combined into one that returns an array of albumIDs and an array of imageIDs.
    2. Search through comments too.
    3. Keyword searches. IE: Return all imageIDs with the keyword "beach" in it.
    • Return last X images uploaded
    Return last X images uploaded to smugmug. Need some way to request all images or all public/non-password protected images.
    Thank you. I would love to put this into my project. You can see my smugmug albums through my website via the API: http://www.warmy.com/

-Mitch Schwenk