The stare down

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited March 3, 2005 in People
Comments please, I would like them on anything I post. Medicore, boring, cool, you would of done this instead, read this tutorial before every taking another picture, whatever. Thanks.

16546882-L.jpg

Comments

• KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    OK, I begged for comments, and I got......none.:cry

Was it the begging?ne_nau.gif

Is it the addage, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anytrhing at all?

Seriously. I watch everyone comment on almost anything at this site. Did I miss the initiation memo?

Ah, well, I'll continue to learn. I know that my big weakness is learning to get better at DOF with my new camera and lenses, and I'm working on that, but I think it may be best to find another site to get feedback. I mean it when I say brutal honesty, I want to learn from my mistakes. If I was good enough to know all of them, I wouldn't ask for help.

Sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent.

Thanks.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    nice and tight, lots of feeling here on this shot. i'd like to see a bit more punch (contrast) i think, via curves adjustment. what's your photo editor?

the white space upper left works imo, but i'd like to see you brighten the shot up with more whitewhite there (even pure white!) you can get there with a levels or curves adjustment, there are some tutes in the hall of wisdom and / or photoshop forums here on dgrin.

don't despair about not getting comments. i'm certain that it's only been becuase there has been a lot of new folks, new posts, etc. this just got lost! and, in the future, don't be afraid to ask a second time.

keep up the good work, pay attention to this space, i'm sure you'll get loads of help. and keep shooting and posting!

deal.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Khaos: You posted this on the 26th and I'm seeing for the first time now on the 1st. Weird! I too wonder why more people aren't forthcoming with comments. I post and wait...and wait... and wait. I've seen many posts with lots of "views" and few comments. Some conspicuous by their absense.

I like your photo. It's very nicely cropped and a great title too. I wonder about lighting and look forward to seeing what some of the pros have to say.
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Lots of people joining and I think the board is moving @ a faster pace.Threads are getting burried quickly.
    That said,you have moved it back up and people are seeing it.

As for comments,I like the comp and the subject matter.It looks a little bland for my taste.Something is missing,but I cant put my finger on it.
    Keep posting
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Neat subject and pose, but it needs an adjustment like Andy said. The subjects are a bit on the dark side.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Thank you all for your comments.

I have Photcshop CS.

I'll play with the curves and contrast a little.

Thanks again.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I like this picture alot. Good job. If you use both subjects again I would like to see the girl's eyes... so they really are having a staring contest...hehe. Post it again when you played around with the contrast, like Andy suggested, I'd like to see it again.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    I like this one. Tight crop. Sort of a communication going on between the
    bird and young lady. I like the white to the left as well. As Andy mentioned,
    a little more contrast would be nice.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    The bird is excellent but I agree about seeing the eyes of the girl a little more. Great shot all the same thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Hi Khaos wave.gif welcome to the sandbox! I would have said hi earlier but I've been languishing about in the Everglades supplying blood for insects. Welcome.