A gallery of favouries comprising shots from other galleries?

SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited September 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I have several galleries now and I'd like to create a sort of "best of" gallery made up of my favourite photos from all galleries. Will I have to upload my favourite shots again into the new gallery or is there some way of re-using the ones I've already uploaded and getting them to show in the new gallery? Otherwise it seems inefficient to have duplicate images? Any guidance appreciated.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
  • SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
    Thanks Andy I can see how that would work. What would be nice though is if SmugMug allowed you to create a special "keyword gallery". Rather than add photos to a keyword gallery, you would assign one or more keywords to it, so that when viewed it would show all the photos from other galleries with those keywords. You could then assign the keyword "portfolio" or "flowers" to that gallery, and viewing it would be like running a database query on existing records.
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2007
    That's what the link that Andy provided allows you to do.

Assuming that you're a Power User or Pro, then you create a "redirect gallery" that automatically redirects all viewers to a suitable keyword seach, which is automatically generated from all photos with that keyword (or combination of keywords) from all your galleries.
  • SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Hi,
    Yes I'll give this a try. What I meant was it would be nice if this was an "out of the box" feature that you could use without the need for any code, like a button you click on the page for creating a new gallery that says "keyword gallery", and a box to type in some keywords.