Who's To Blame? LPS # 11 A New Direction...

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited September 1, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I was sitting around thinking yesterday and while I did enjoy breaking out the Toy Soldiers and spending time with Major Chip Hazzard

189916514-L.jpg

(Shhhh, every once in a while you have to act like a kid to get the creative juices flowing)

But as I sat here thinking, a strange thing came into my mind. Human Error or Mechanical Failure. I got to thinking what would be the result of those and how to duplicate it in a photograph. So I came up with this.

190238318-L.jpg

and the more I thought about it, it really doesn't matter who's to blame, loss is loss one way or another. So I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, I really do appreciate the input.

THanks for looking.

Joe

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Even thought I'm a great fan of the Major, your next image is very, very, moving.

This suggestion is totally suggestive, but I might be tempted to find a spot on the cross to set as a white point, to make it draw the eyes into it a bit more damatically. There's a uniform spot at the very top that might work. BUT, being a bit on the warmer side, you also might like to leave it as it leaves a warmer mood..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    This image immediately brought to mind the common denominator of all of mankind - our mortality. And thinking upon it, machines also have a temporary time on this earth. While the Toy Soldier is a cool shot, Who's to Blame? is definitely a stronger image, translating the theme in a universal way.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    "Who's to Blame" sucked me into a story and made me FEEL. Great job!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com