Portrait in B&W

phi75phi75 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited September 2, 2007 in People
original.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Cute girl, very sharp! I don't know about the light on this one, looks like it's coming from the bottom somewhere. Thanks for sharing!!:D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Cute girl! However, the way the light is coming from below kinda makes it a spooky shot!
  • phi75phi75 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    light
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Cute girl! However, the way the light is coming from below kinda makes it a spooky shot!

A little light box on my 580EXII cobra on the left side of photo and another 580EX on the floor on the right side of photo.
    thanks for visit and comments.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Spooky lighting
    I am suprised. If you had the 580EXII to the camera left we should have seen catchlights in her eyes unless it was very much to the left. The eyes are kinda dead in this photo. A good tutorial on basic portrature lighting can be found at Chuck Gardner's site. He, like most folks that know their stuff, can get a bit preachy but he illustrates what he is talking about very well and makes it easy to understand and henceforth use. The use of light properly creates a 3 dimensional effect in the photo. That is unless you were going for that kind of shot and know all this already, then: never mind...

http://super.nova.org/DPR/

You have a great opportunity with a very pretty and seemingly cooperative model (I realize there are limits to their cooperation). Anyway, read Chuck, try some of his ideas, and see if you like them.

Regards and good shooting,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • phi75phi75 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2007
    hi Mike
    thanks for visit, and tuto, in fact I removed light in eyes! I prefer like this.
    IMO. eek7.gif
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2007
    phi75 wrote:
    thanks for visit, and tuto, in fact I removed light in eyes! I prefer like this.
    IMO. eek7.gif

Then as I said: never mind...

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown