Auto Rotate

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited February 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I ran a bunch of photos into my new site last night and they did not auto rotate. I miss that! Do I have to enable anything? (www.lancers.smugmug.com)

Shot in Canon RAW, converted to JEPG with i2e, loaded onto SM. Files did not rotate by themselves as I have be come used to, I did it by hand, but with 300 shots, it was a bit of a pain.

Also, I cant get this shot to go into the most popular photos place. I have voted positive several times and it just doesnt go there!

http://lancers.smugmug.com/photos/190167299-M.jpg (I cant seem to post it here either!) (I am sure its operator error!)

Friday night football has begun!

Thanks,

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    It's the i2e part. i2e doesn't properly fix the orientation.

I'll discuss it with Frank at Colour-Science next chance I get.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's the i2e part. i2e doesn't properly fix the orientation.

I'll discuss it with Frank at Colour-Science next chance I get.

Thanks Andy. The i2e is great for bulk corrections, but the auto rotate is great also. It would be nice if they co-ordinated.

Thanks, too for the quick reply.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Andy:

I have experimented a bit and notice if I shoot RAW and convert through i2e, I lose all rotation data. If I shoot jpeg and convert through i2e, it still works.

I also use ExposurePlot, same thing. If I shoot RAW it doesnt work, but if I shoot JPEG I still can use the program.

Why would i2e strip data off raw only?

I know its not your program and I'll send this to Colour Science as well, but perhaps it explains something.

Z
  • T rock photographyT rock photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2008
    !!!!Don't know where else to put an "Auto Rotate" question
    Hi, I can't for the life of me figure out or find a thread on how to STOP auto rotate of the folder image shown for each folder.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>I would like to pick which photo stays as the main in each gallery like Andy does on his site when you click the “Galleries” tab.
    PLEASE HELP.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Much appreciated.
    <o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>
    Alyssa
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited February 22, 2008
    Hi, I can't for the life of me figure out or find a thread on how to STOP auto rotate of the folder image shown for each folder.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>I would like to pick which photo stays as the main in each gallery like Andy does on his site when you click the “Galleries” tab.
    PLEASE HELP.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Much appreciated.
    <o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>
    Alyssa
    Alyssa -
    Go into your gallery, position on the photo you want to feature, and click the <photo tools> drop-down. Click on the Feature Photo in that list to set your current photo as the featured photo for that gallery. That will be presented on the categories / sub-categories screens for that gallery (instead of a random image from the gallery).

--- Denise
  • T rock photographyT rock photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2008
    oh wow, how very simple! Thanks a bunch.

=)
    Alyssa -

Go into your gallery, position on the photo you want to feature, and click the
    drop-down. Click on the Feature Photo in that list to set your current photo as the featured photo for that gallery. That will be presented on the categories / sub-categories screens for that gallery (instead of a random image from the gallery).</P>
    --- Denise