Options

Question regarding Flash

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in Technique
Anyone knows anything about Digital Concepts Sakar Power Zoom Flash 952AF?? I was trying to find info online but no available review :scratch
It's sitting here on my desk, brand new in the box, i'm thinking getting rid of it due to lack of the information about the product itself. If any of you have any experience, pleast let me know what you think about this one.:bow

Thanks for any info.
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited September 3, 2007
    Marina,

Google is your friend - I found over 5 pages of links by searching for "Digital Concepts Sakar Power Zoom Flash 952AF"

Almost all of the links were folks wanting to sell this item. I could not find any real reviews of it, but reseller.ratings did not speak highly of it at all.

I think the Sigma flash is probably a much better known item for a similar price. In a manual, non ETTL style flash, the Vivitar 285HV is cheaper and mine seems to work very reliably.

I posted an exposure table with the Vivitar 285HV here

It is an AUTO mode flash, but does not use any information from the camera - I use it strictly in Manual flash mode.

If I know the distance from the flash to subject, I just dial in the aperture needed, and adjust the shutter speed up or down ( keeping the shutter speed below the flash synch speed) as needed to balance with ambient lighting.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Thank you Pathfinder, yep, that's all i saw on google as well. Not highly spoke of. Oh well, i guess i'll just sell darn thing and get me another one.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8