Another Budget Winner! EF 35-105 f3.5-4.5

HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in Cameras
I purchased this lens on ebay for right at a hundred bucks. I googled for some info on it, but didn't turn up much. What I did find was generally positive so I took a chance on it. Well it showed up today well packed and better than described, with original canon caps and a cheap UV filter. I immediately took it out and shot some flowers and stuff with it and was really blown away by what this hundred buck lens can do!

This is straight out of camera, converted by lightroom, wide open, and full zoom...

190393553-L.jpg

100% crop, center
190392857-L.jpg

100% crop bottom edge
190393647-L.jpg

Yes I know its blown out. I was just snappin' away in the afternoon sun....

So far I would recomend this lens highly. As long as the zoom range suits you as it does for me, much better than a 28-70. Just remember that this is the late 80's version, with a metal mount and a push-pull zoom. The next 2 versions of this lens are supposedly junk all plastic designs. This one is weighty, and well built.

BTW, I got it from this seller, he seems to have a bunch of them, http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhalfmoonbaytrading

Comments

• HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    More with better light. Same as before, straight from camera (20D) converted in LR

190447988-L.jpg
    100% crop
    190449719-L.jpg

Straight into the sun. There is purple fringing here on the edges, but this a pretty extreme case.
    190449568-L.jpg

Wide end.
    190448624-L.jpg
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I've had one of these lenses since 1989 and I still like it. It spent the last four months in London, England hanging off the front of a friend's Rebel XT. The focus is a little slow and noisy but the images that result are great. It must be a tough lens if it has lasted 18 years in my hands. I think this shot of Eric was done with this lens:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=53310
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.