Options

Downloading help, please.

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in Finishing School
I just downloaded 112 RAW images from my camera - or so I thought - when the download finished, Zoombrowser turns up empty, as does the folder I was trying to send them to. I started to re-download, canceled after 8 images to check - still nothing.

Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Are these jps or raw files?

From camera to where are you downloading?

Did you try to download to computer first or try downloading from a card reader instead of from camera, the card reader will download much faster also.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Are these jps or raw files?

From camera to where are you downloading?

Did you try to download to computer first or try downloading from a card reader instead of from camera, the card reader will download much faster also.

Call off the dogs - I made a new folder, and for some reason they are downloading successfully.
    I am downloading 112 RAW files from my camera via eos utility into a folder on my desktop. for some reason they would not go into that folder. At end of download the folder turned up empty- 2x.
    I made a totally new folder, now they are down loading. Weird.
    Thank you for your response, Art.
  • Options
    InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2007
    I hope you don't mind me using your thread Sara!

I shot in RAW for the first time, but cannot get them off my Camera! I've tried using Zoombrowser, and manually going into mt Camera via my computer and dragging and dropping. Unfortunaltley, I can't find the software that came with my Rebel XT purchase that will pull RAW from my camera to my PC, and because I've only been shooting jpg, the windows program that pulss the photos has been working great.

Can a 'card reader' program be downloaded?

Any ideas?
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited September 3, 2007
    Use a card reader, rather than downloading via a cable from your camera. Then you do not need a special program.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif A card read is by far the preferred method. Canon's drivers are notoriously wonky. Though you don't have to use a download utility with a readr, ti can make the process less painful. I use Breezesys' Downloader Pro & it automates the whole process for me; so all I do is plug in the card & give a shoot name, it creates appropriate directories, renames files, and puts them where they belong.