My selective focus dosent seem to work...

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited September 2, 2007 in Cameras
I am using the Canon 20d and I cant move the little thumb knob to change where the lens has its focus. I think it happened when I fell on the mountain but I am not sure. Is there something that I should do in this case? I have popped the battery and tried resetting the settings.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 1, 2007
    You're talking about the dial not turning? If that's the case, you will need to
    send it along to Canon.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2007
    Sorry I can't quite find out how to explain this. button above the turn dial that you can press in all directions and decides where the focal point is.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 2, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Sorry I can't quite find out how to explain this. button above the turn dial that you can press in all directions and decides where the focal point is.
    I don't have one of your camera so I'll do my best.

If you look at the camera back, you'll see a large thumbwheel with a button
    in the center. In the upper right, two buttons. One with a star and one that
    looks a bit like a square with arrows in it. Near the shutter release is another
    dial.

Press the button with the square above it. Then rotate the wheel in front of
    the shutter. Or you can use the joy stick above the thumbwheel on the back
    of the camera. Gotta press the little square icon button first though.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited September 2, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    I know what you're talking about. There is a special function (Fn 13) that will let you move focus point selection to the big dial. But you will lose some flexibility, as it will then require an extra step to adjust exposure compensation. Also, the same little button lets you scroll around when reviewing enlarged shots, so if it is broken you lose that function as well. Have you checked to see whether scrolling is broken as well?

Regards,