Options

A cold Reading morning

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited February 28, 2005 in Landscapes
I was looking for emotion shots, but the town was empty, too cold!

16545719-L.jpg

16545720-L.jpg

16545721-L.jpg

Don't know what I've done but the exif info doesn't seem to be coming through to smugmug at the moment.

Comments welcomed :thumb

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Beautiful Gubbs! The first two really convey "the town was empty", well, almost empty.

I guess the 3rd one does too but only to someone who was there and saw no one but the Starbucks cup. I like people shots.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    gubbs, I love #2... the brick street is empty and the guy is walking on the side edge. love it. the brick building in the background. market place. Reds and greens, nice. thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 27, 2005
    Nice shots Gubbs. I like the feeling you've captured in the first 2 and the 3rd is just a great shot. In #1 do you like that you framed that black iron post center of your photo?
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Grubbs
    #1 and 2 I like bestclap.gif
    First I like the shadow of the man in the background
    Second my eye goes to the boy then to the green window, neat looking building :D
    Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Beautiful Gubbs! The first two really convey "the town was empty", well, almost empty.

I guess the 3rd one does too but only to someone who was there and saw no one but the Starbucks cup. I like people shots.
    Thanks Nir, It was such a miserable morning that I nearly didn't bother going out! Comments like that make me glad I did! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    johno wrote:
    gubbs, I love #2... the brick street is empty and the guy is walking on the side edge. love it. the brick building in the background. market place. Reds and greens, nice. thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    Thanks Johno, The street is Union Street in Reading, known locally as "smelly alley" due to the combination of smells from the fish shop, butchers, bakery and the greengrocers.....gets pretty intense in the summer!
    Thanks again
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Nice shots Gubbs. I like the feeling you've captured in the first 2 and the 3rd is just a great shot. In #1 do you like that you framed that black iron post center of your photo?
    Thanks Angelo, TBH I'd prefer it if the post wasn't there at all :D
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    #1 and 2 I like bestclap.gif
    First I like the shadow of the man in the background
    Second my eye goes to the boy then to the green window, neat looking building :D
    Thanks
    Fred
    Cheers Fred, apreciated! thumb.gif