Options

Minimalism,help, comments

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 27, 2005 in Technique
16561224-L.jpg

16561222-L.jpg

16561227-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Hi Ginger,

I really love the first! Your post processing has created a very unique mood to the shot. But the drop shadow effect is stealing attention from the photo.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 27, 2005
    Ginger: Very cool effects. I like #3 best.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Ginger I like #1 however do you have neat image? I think a run throught neat image might put it over the top.(free download for a trial version)
    The noise on the top of the photo is to much IMO ne_nau.gif it's worth a shot .
    Cheers,
    Tim
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    Ginger I like #1 however do you have neat image? I think a run throught neat image might put it over the top.(free download for a trial version)
    The noise on the top of the photo is to much IMO ne_nau.gif it's worth a shot .
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Hi, Tim, the noise is not inherent in the photo, I put it there. I have no idea how to do minimalism, I thought that added an artistic effect. But I don't know if it is minimalism.

I just took photos that I took yesterday and tried to change them into a minimalism effect. That is why I said "help". I woke up sometime in the night, did that, just woke up again and had a vague memory that I had been in here with this. My husband, thank dog, is at church.

I went out yesterday to go to the bookstore........got sidetracked with the birds, did not see anything that looked like minimalism to me. I looked at some more photo sites last night with minimalism, and some looked like what I just put up, but I don't know.

There are all sorts of storm warnings out today, so I will be home for the most part. In other words..........I did think of going downtown and running some more stuff by you all. But not today.

Thanks for looking and commenting. I can get the noise out, I think I even saved stuff along the way, hopefully, but I don't know if that is minimalism.

ginger:D
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Another Try
    16581878-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Without the noise. I know it is not minimalism, but is it a better photograph?

16585264-L.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    16581878-S.jpg
    This is the one that works for me, Ginger. As with the others, I can see the hand of the Photoshopper, but in this instance I don't care - it's very pleasing aesthetically.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Ginger,

16585264-S.jpg

Fantastic! 36_1_32v.gif Even better than the first try! I wouldn't scratch it as un-minimalistic.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Thanks, all. I feel a little more confident going into the next challenge now.

I still have to go out and retake all those photos, if possible. They were with the 420 (300 plus the extender). I was actually annoyed as I was so close to the birds, I couldn't get all of their bodies in, couldn't get the shadows. Thought, boy I will never use this lens here again. I wasn't on "assignment", so I didn't bother to take the thing off.

And then I got home, looked at the photos, I think they were better than if I could have gotten the whole bird, or what I was after which was a standard bird shot.

I like that grey one without the noise, I would be very tempted to make a 16 X 20 out of that.

Thanks again, you all,

ginger