The pout

adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in People
190850203-L.jpg

Help me with the crop on this... would you crop closer - further out? Also... overall what do you think? Any c.c is appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Goodness, those eyes are incredible. I would definitely crop much closer.
    Her hand and the band-aid (is that what it is?) or distracting, in my opinion.
    I would also think about making the whites a bit whiter and doing something
    about those grey areas under her eyes. Having said all that, I think the photo
    and, more importantly, the subject are great. You should definitely take more
    pictures of her.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 3, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif with Bernard. Square crop, brighten up the whites. Great shot. thumb.gif

Regards,
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    I think grey uder the eyes is a result of her crying, right? It created puffiness. Cute kid :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    What a cutie...I would crop it a bit tighter =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    What a cutie pie. Love the pout. I think my husband can relate to this one...I to do this all the time I want something! :D .

Very nice pic.
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Thank you so much for the responses! I appreciate all of the feedback. So, with that said, what do ya'll think of this square crop? Yes, the gray under the eyes is the puffy look from crying... I tried to clone as well as "bandage" up the area, but I couldn't get it to look better. I'll keep trying... till then, is this a better crop?
    191342549-L.jpg

Thank you again!!!!!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    I love the last crop, but I also liked the first - the bandaid is all too familiar since I have a little one the same age! :D

My only "gripe" is that you could use more contrast. The whites should should be brighter, I think...

Hope you don't mind that I edited your photo!

She's just ADORABLE!!! I love her eyes - you really captured them!
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I love the last crop, but I also liked the first - the bandaid is all too familiar since I have a little one the same age! :D

My only "gripe" is that you could use more contrast. The whites should should be brighter, I think...

Hope you don't mind that I edited your photo!

She's just ADORABLE!!! I love her eyes - you really captured them!

Well... I think you know how I feel about you editing my photos!! You really brought those eyes out... it almost made me cry, Laughing.gif! You rock, Andi... truly... thank you! I always worry about pushing the whites too much, but it works really well here! THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I'd actually prefer something between yours and Andi's. :)
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    adpace wrote:
    Well... I think you know how I feel about you editing my photos!! You really brought those eyes out... it almost made me cry, Laughing.gif! You rock, Andi... truly... thank you! I always worry about pushing the whites too much, but it works really well here! THANK YOU!!!!!!

You're so sweet! Laughing.gif! Thank you....

As for how far to push the whites, I push them too far and then pull back until I get the skin texture back (for whiter skin, obviously). Since you're using LR (right?), you can see both of them at the same time and start playing until you get it right.

I like mine a bit brighter - I find they look too flat if they aren't. But you may be like pyrtek and prefer the skin a tad darker. It's all subjective! :D

Glad you liked... (She's just so cute!)
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I agree with Bernard. Something halfway between on the white skin.