Rotating photos

Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited September 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have uploaded a bunch of photos to my site. I have tried to rotate them in bulk, some rotate and some refuse to. I tried to rotate them singularly, but still they refuse to rotate. What is the trick to this?
I really want my photos to be upright - it should be easy
Regards Lesley

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    I have uploaded a bunch of photos to my site. I have tried to rotate them in bulk, some rotate and some refuse to. I tried to rotate them singularly, but still they refuse to rotate. What is the trick to this?
    I really want my photos to be upright - it should be easy
    Regards Lesley
    Hi, please give us a link to your site, and the specific gallery of photos that aren't rotating for you, okay?
  • Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, please give us a link to your site, and the specific gallery of photos that aren't rotating for you, okay?
    HI
    Here is the link to my site http://hippyfromoz.smugmug.com/
    The gallery is Walking around Hoorn, Netherlands
    As you will see some of the portrait photos have rotated but some are still in the landscape position.
    I did have the same problem with the Mijdrecht Gallery, but I deleted the photos in frustration
    I am sure it is something simple, but I can't work out what it is
    Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    HI
    Here is the link to my site http://hippyfromoz.smugmug.com/
    The gallery is Walking around Hoorn, Netherlands
    As you will see some of the portrait photos have rotated but some are still in the landscape position.
    I did have the same problem with the Mijdrecht Gallery, but I deleted the photos in frustration
    I am sure it is something simple, but I can't work out what it is
    Thanks
    Thanks we'll look into this and get back to you here as soon as we can.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks we'll look into this and get back to you here as soon as we can.
    Hello wave.gif

Nice places both Hoorn and Mijdrecht, I was there not too long ago :D

There seems to be something going on for sure. I can rotate the images, and the images log shows that they are in fact rotated, but for some reason, they automagically rotate back to their original position headscratch.gif

I'm going to send this to our Chief Geek for further investigation. He is not around today, and I'm not sure when he is available, but I'll make sure that he sees the information about your problem.

Could you try to create a new album, and upload a few images that currently are giving us a hard time, and let us know if they behave the same way?

I'm sorry for the inconvenienve. If you have any questions, let us know. Also, if you have any information about these specific images (for instance, you did something different with these as opposed to the others) please let us know.
    edited September 4, 2007
    Thank you
    Thank you Ivar - this country is so beautiful, I am staying at Midwoud - I could easily live here.
    I use Photo Studio 5.5 - I treat all my pics the same way- so the ones that did rotate were not treated differently to the ones that didn't.
    I always resize them because they are so big, sometimes I adjust the light, sometimes I crop, always I frame them then I save them separate to the original.
    I created a new album, I uploaded two of the offending pics in their original state and also the same two pics after treatment in Photo Studio.
    The original pics are in the correct position, the treated pics refuse to budge.
    I haven't used Smug Mug for a few months, yet previously the pics loaded okay, and I have always used Photo Studio
    Hope this helps
    Regards Lesley ne_nau.gif
    edited September 5, 2007
    Some of my photos will still not rotate
    Just so you guys don't forget me - I am still having this problem with quite a few of my Netherlands albums. I need some help please
    Regards Lesley
    http://hippyfromoz.smugmug.com/