VR question about the 55-200...VR lens

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in Cameras
I'm about to go out to buy my first VR lens.
Quick question about the lens and how VR technology works w/ the Nikon digi cams in regards to the on board exposure meter:

Does the VR work in conjunctionwith the exposure meter?
i.e. When I expose a shot, will my on board meter tell me two different readings if the VR is turned on vs. off?

Thanks for answering this easy question.

-Jon

Comments

• spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I'm about to go out to buy my first VR lens.
    Quick question about the lens and how VR technology works w/ the Nikon digi cams in regards to the on board exposure meter:

Does the VR work in conjunctionwith the exposure meter?
    i.e. When I expose a shot, will my on board meter tell me two different readings if the VR is turned on vs. off?

Thanks for answering this easy question.

-Jon

I'm not sure it's such an easy question. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. However, I have a few VR lenses, and the camera's built-in light metering does not give you a different reading if the VR is on or off.

Is that what you're asking?

-Trish
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Hey Trish,

I think I answered my question yesterday when playing around.
    Light hits the sensor is the same whether VR is on or off. The only difference is that the images are sharper at slower shutter speeds.

I thought that you your exposure meter would see the fact that you could have a "clear" shot at a lower shutter speed and make adjustments to the exposure meter accordingly.

I toggled my VR on and off and there was no difference so I'm pretty sure that answers that.

Thanks for taking some time to answer Trish.

All the best,
    -Jon