Have I missed something?

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited September 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
No LPS 11 results yet? Is there something happening differently this go-round?

Thanks!

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    No LPS 11 results yet? Is there something happening differently this go-round?

Thanks!

Hi Jesse,

If you read Shay's post on the LPS#12 thread, he indicates that he will not have internet access for a week and is leaving questions, etc, for DoctorIT. There was no indication as to when we would get the LPS#11 results...and yes, it's driving us all nuts in anticipation.

However, as they say, patience is a VIRTUE. :D
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I see. Was the judges list ever announced or is that also a surprise? I noticed it was TBA in the LPS 11 entry thread.

In an effort to be patient...What did y'all do over the holiday weekend? Two of my three girlies and I went to the WA coast with friends. It was a hoot. My inlaws have a beach cabin out there. So. Much. Fun.

Jesse
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Love your beach photos, Jesse. We stuck around the house this past weekend, since we are heading to the beach for a week this coming Saturday. Can't wait!!!

No, I haven't seen a judges list for LPS#11 either.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Sounds like our friend Shay is sitting on a beach someplace for the week enjoying an umbrella drink. :cavig
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Busy Shay
    richtersl wrote:
    Sounds like our friend Shay is sitting on a beach someplace for the week enjoying an umbrella drink. :cavig

I bet he wishes he was! I think he is rather busy with his Wedding Photographer Bootcamp - guy's gotta make a livin' ya know! mwink.gif

There's a couple of threads out there showing some cool shots that a couple of regulars from here took, if you wanted to take a look...

I'm trying to focus on LPS#12 which is hard when I am still in Sunday night stress mode.... :D
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I lay about trying to think of something for lps 12. I have one idea. It'll be, well, provocative, if not offensive. Trying to think of something tamer...
    edited September 4, 2007
    Gary Glass wrote:
    I lay about trying to think of something for lps 12. I have one idea. It'll be, well, provocative, if not offensive. Trying to think of something tamer...

Care to share?
    edited September 4, 2007
    Care to share?

Better not. I don't know if I'll do it, but if I do it won't have same impact if you're looking for it.
    edited September 4, 2007
    I bet he wishes he was! I think he is rather busy with his Wedding Photographer Bootcamp - guy's gotta make a livin' ya know! mwink.gif

There's a couple of threads out there showing some cool shots that a couple of regulars from here took, if you wanted to take a look...

I'm trying to focus on LPS#12 which is hard when I am still in Sunday night stress mode.... :D
    Bummer! And here I thought he was giving himself some well-deserved time off. mwink.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Gary Glass wrote:
    ... I have one idea. It'll be, well, provocative, if not offensive...
    HEY! That was MY idea! mwink.gif
    rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Gary Glass wrote:

My mind went to a very lurid place for just a second.

(was that out loud?!) This theme is taking over my life ahhhh!

Jesse
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Being a good Catholic, I'm having a hard time thinking of things that don't involve nuns...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited September 4, 2007
    OK, I had another idea, but it's also, well, pushing the limits. Is nudity absolutely verboten? Even if it's not erotic? Even if she's less nude than a certain beefcake picture posted recently on the Whipping Post? It's just two nipples. One on each side. From a distance.
    edited September 4, 2007
    Gary Glass wrote:
    OK, I had another idea, but it's also, well, pushing the limits. Is nudity absolutely verboten? Even if it's not erotic? Even if she's less nude than a certain beefcake picture posted recently on the Whipping Post? It's just two nipples. One on each side. From a distance.
    Without seeing the picture it's hard to tell if it'll fly. There was an LPS photo a while back that showed a woman's breasts and had a caption of "Mountains Out of Molehills" that disappeared overnight. Literally. ne_nau.gif

Then there was that toddler butt controversy a few LPS's ago. headscratch.gif

What you may want to do is get some feedback before posting it to the contest thread by starting a thread that solicits input. Or, just email Shay about.
    edited September 4, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Without seeing the picture it's hard to tell if it'll fly. There was an LPS photo a while back that showed a woman's breasts and had a caption of "Mountains Out of Molehills" that disappeared overnight. Literally. ne_nau.gif

What you may want to do is get some feedback before posting it to the contest thread by starting a thread that solicits input. Or, just email Shay about.

Thanks. But that means I'll have to actually take it! The picture in my head is so good. The real thing is always such a disappointment!
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Gary Glass wrote:
    Thanks. But that means I'll have to actually take it! The picture in my head is so good. The real thing is always such a disappointment!

Heh, that seems to be my life. My best shots these days seem to happen when I can let go of my original idea and let the camera speak for itself.
    edited September 4, 2007
    Seriously though I would have to get a model. I've never done that before.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 4, 2007
    Sit tight, I'm doing my best.

Shay is in fact MIA, and I'm only getting back into the swing of things after switching continents.

I'll warn you all right now: I may decide to hold off until next week when Shay returns, if I feel that the panel I've put together is too small. Also, this would be the first time Shay has not judged a contest. Don't know how I feel about that, I'm a big fan of some continuity and consistency.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    richtersl wrote:

Ahhhhh Someone Remembered my Photo..."Mountains Out of Molehills"...Laughing.gifLaughing.gifI'm So Flattered!! Thank You.

I actually had a PRO photographer who is also a author, professor, etc. look at that photo before I posted it and he loved it!!

The Story behind the "disappearance"...After the photo was approved by the "Heads of Staff"...apparently there were those viewers that found my photo "offensive"....The Heads of Staff then apologized to me and stated they had to remove it....because of "viewer complaints"....

I was cool with it...BUT....In my own minds eye...I was like...Sheesh they can post photos of violence, guns, and in one photo, I actually saw a photo of someone holding a gun to his head...this made me wonder...What Double Standards the contestants have....

I blame nothing on the "heads of staff" but on the contestants who live double standards...It is like going to church on sunday and then going home and chuggin on a cold one...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited September 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Sit tight, I'm doing my best.

Shay is in fact MIA, and I'm only getting back into the swing of things after switching continents.

I'll warn you all right now: I may decide to hold off until next week when Shay returns, if I feel that the panel I've put together is too small. Also, this would be the first time Shay has not judged a contest. Don't know how I feel about that, I'm a big fan of some continuity and consistency.

I agree with the continuity and consistency. Shay has been the only consistent judge from the beginning. FWIW, I would prefer to wait - sorry if you weren't wanting opinions...
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 4, 2007
    I agree with the continuity and consistency. Shay has been the only consistent judge from the beginning. FWIW, I would prefer to wait - sorry if you weren't wanting opinions...
    Glad you agree.

I posted it up for all to see, here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=70473
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited September 5, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Ahhhhh Someone Remembered my Photo..."Mountains Out of Molehills"...Laughing.gifLaughing.gifI'm So Flattered!! Thank You.

That one was YOURS? rolleyes1.gif I thought the whole idea was pretty clever.

I figured that a few folks had voiced their dissatisfaction with it and that's why it went away.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    That one was YOURS? rolleyes1.gif I thought the whole idea was pretty clever.

I figured that a few folks had voiced their dissatisfaction with it and that's why it went away.

Yes Linda, I must confess rolleyes1.gif "Mountains out of Molehills" was mine..Laughing.gif I had a photoshoot with that model who needed them for her "portfolio"..mwink.gif and since I am not easily offended, I had a great time...especially when I stuck her in the "hot tub" and it happened to be one of the coolest days in Florida...Laughing.gifLaughing.gif (I'm so bad).

Thank You, I am REALLY flattered that you liked and above all "remembered" it, so I guess it did cos an impact sort to speak..Laughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gifrolleyes1.gif

Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote