A Blow to the Head

2»

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 27, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks, nice to hear.

I too was surprised they let me in with the camera and lens. When I called ahead, they didn't know. And I didn't ask when I got there. Just pulled it out and started shooting. No-one cared.
    Cool. I like that.

But then they prolly didn't look through peoples stuff at the door then?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Cool. I like that.

But then they prolly didn't look through peoples stuff at the door then?

Ian
    Not here, they didn't. But they do at football, baseball and hockey games, pro and college.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    fish wrote:
    That's exactly it. You need to know at least a little about boxing to know when to shoot. Put down the bud lite and watch the fight through your zoom on the WA. When it starts to get into a flurry, you zoom in tight and let 'er rip. I guess I'm going to have to go to a local brawl to show FLIPA.gif how it's done.

ouch...

but true, next time call me and ill go with and let you know whats going on rolleyes1.gif in the fight. sheesh man, youd think these guys would cut you alittle slack with it being your first try and all.

cb
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    ouch...

but true, next time call me and ill go with and let you know whats going on rolleyes1.gif in the fight. sheesh man, youd think these guys would cut you alittle slack with it being your first try and all.

cb
    Trying to stir it up, Charlie? :poke

Actually, I do watch boxing from time to time - even have opinions about it and everything. Been to a couple of fights in the past, one a title bout in Sacramento in which the local hero lost. The ring was pelted with cups of beer. Great fun! naughty.gif

Feedback from folks who've actually tried to shoot boxing is tremendously helpful. Armchair warriors who never have, might want to be a little more circumspect. :haha :thwak
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    who me stir the pot? never. i dont know what you mean by that. youre right ive never tried to shoot boxing, but since i HAVE been in the ring i might be able to help with your timing of the shots. plus i dont have one of them fancy cameras like you and Fish do, some of us develop our talents instead of devolping our budgets to get better pics :tiptoe:poke:beatwax:duel:twitch:thwak

:hide.

just kiddin ya, you know ive got love for ya.
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    who me stir the pot? never. i dont know what you mean by that. youre right ive never tried to shoot boxing, but since i HAVE been in the ring i might be able to help with your timing of the shots. plus i dont have one of them fancy cameras like you and Fish do, some of us develop our talents instead of devolping our budgets to get better pics :tiptoe:poke:beatwax:duel:twitch:thwak

:hide.

Yer not the one I'm talking about. naughty.gif

Hey, anytime you wanna go watch boxing, let's do it. I work with a guy who's in touch with the local scene, doesn't sound like there are bouts all that often.
    Sid.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Sid great shots! I don't know what 'softness' you're talking about in the womens shot. Really great!

Closest I've ever been to these kinds of fights is when my kids go at it 10_9_134.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Feedback from folks who've actually tried to shoot boxing is tremendously helpful. Armchair warriors who never have, might want to be a little more circumspect. :haha :thwak

ouch! a jab from outta nowhere. the punch connects, but doesn't phase fish. it's as though someone threw a paper cup at him. the pugilist in the pink trunks had better watch out, because the shark's uppercut is legendary

:D
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    :beatwax

:giggle
    Sid.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005

alright, take it outside, boys. :ymca
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson