Options

Old Bridge Tempe Town Lake, AZ

JayMurphyJayMurphy Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 Big grins
edited September 5, 2007 in Landscapes
Just a few photos (5 pics) while out for lunch. Any comments on what I can do for improvement would be appreciated. If I had a ND filter or maybe a graduated ND would one being used for these pictures would have help with the high contrast from the sky?

# 1
J. Murph

Comments

• Options
    edited September 4, 2007
    JayMurphy wrote:
    Just a few photos while out for lunch...

J. Murph
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2007
    JayMurphy wrote:

J. Murph
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2007
    JayMurphy wrote:

J. Murph
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2007
    JayMurphy wrote:

J. Murph
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Welcome to Dgrin- Do you live here in the Valley?

Here is some feedback:
    #1 and #4 have too much negative space and 1st one is just not that interesting.
    #2 I think I like this one the most but it is a bit overexposed and needs to be a lot sharper.
    #3 good exposure- nice and sharp but not overly interesting. It is kind of floating between architecture and abstract.
    #5 focus is the crossing member but is not all that interesting and is very centrally composed.

I like this shot you took much better-
    189177751-L.jpg

If you want to meet up for a shoot let me know- I work a few miles from here.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    neutral density filter
    stops down the sky so you have some playroom on the other parts of the photograph. (I say the sky, but it could be anything that is a lot brighter then the overal picture). I think it is a filter that is really handy, but I don't think it would have made a big difference in those shots.
    A neutral gradient density always comes in very handy if you have big differences in lighting conditions or very big contrasts in a shot.
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin- Do you live here in the Valley?

Here is some feedback:
    #1 and #4 have too much negative space and 1st one is just not that interesting.
    #2 I think I like this one the most but it is a bit overexposed and needs to be a lot sharper.
    #3 good exposure- nice and sharp but not overly interesting. It is kind of floating between architecture and abstract.
    #5 focus is the crossing member but is not all that interesting and is very centrally composed.

I like this shot you took much better-
    189177751-L.jpg

If you want to meet up for a shoot let me know- I work a few miles from here.

Aaron,

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I live in the valley, Chandler. I work on Sundays and I have been trying to go out every Sunday for lunch to take a few picks. My job is not far from the park (52nd St. & McDowell) not sure if sundays are good for you, but I would like an oppertunity to meet up with a fellow "shutter bug" for some pointers thumb.gif. Possibly we can arrange something?

Can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can start going to the Phx Zoo and Botanical Garden for quick shooting sessions/practice.
    J. Murph