Who were the LPS11 judges?

HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
edited September 8, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Let's have some fun with this thing while we wear the upholstry off our seats! I say it's one or all of the above, but chime in, please!
Mark
www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..

Comments

• dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Hmmm ... how about DavidTo?
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Hmmmm...Paul's been absent of late!

Then again, he could be on vacation. ne_nau.gif

Then again, perhaps not! rolleyes1.gif
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Maybe there aren't any judges and that's why we don't know the results...
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 4, 2007
    sorry guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but the polls are getting overwhelming, I'm axing this. Please think of people who are not part of the "contest clique". If I walked into this forum with every other thread being a poll, I'd turn and run. My job is to keep that from happening.

I've already commented in another thread, I'm doing my best. The results do not affect what you are all doing for round 12, so please focus on that. I'm sure you would all agree that getting it judged well is better than getting it fast.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    sorry guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but the polls are getting overwhelming, I'm axing this. Please think of people who are not part of the "contest clique". If I walked into this forum with every other thread being a poll, I'd turn and run. My job is to keep that from happening.

I've already commented in another thread, I'm doing my best. The results do not affect what you are all doing for round 12, so please focus on that. I'm sure you would all agree that getting it judged well is better than getting it fast.

No complaints from me Doc...I'm not worried, just chillin' and readin'...Planning LPS12
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    No problem, Erik!
    Mark
    edited September 4, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    No problem, Erik!
    cheers mate.

just to be clear, I'm all for unlimited discussion/gossip/trashtalk - just being careful with polls or anything that looks too official and can confuse newcomers to an already complex contest. nod.gif
    Erik

edited September 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:

Thanks for the update Erik.
  • nelsonstuffnelsonstuff Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    sorry guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but the polls are getting overwhelming, I'm axing this. .

So should we put you down as a "Take a hike, Mark"?
    edited September 5, 2007
    So should we put you down as a "Take a hike, Mark"?
    rolleyes1.gif
    Erik

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Hmmmm...Paul's been absent of late!

Then again, he could be on vacation. ne_nau.gif

Then again, perhaps not! rolleyes1.gif

Nope - I’m not a judge, but thanks for noticing that I was away. We pulled in late last night from a 10 day California vacation and had to work today (ugh). I missed the last round and will most likely also miss this round as my Nikkor 18-200mm has developed a focus issue…It no longer focuses at (or near) infinity at any focal length longer than about 50-65mm. I’ve communicated with Nikon and will be sending it in for service/repair. They say it will take at least two weeks for turnaround.

paul
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Well, not only did we notice your absence, we missed your great photography as well...........
    Mark
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    I’ve communicated with Nikon and will be sending it in for service/repair. They say it will take at least two weeks for turnaround.

paul

2 weeks? I've shooting with a 1/4 inch scratch in the dead center of my 18 - 200mm Sony lens because Ritz told me their turnaround time is 12-weeks on the repair. Yes, 3 months!!!! Want to trade? :D I guess I'll be contacting Sony directly instead of the reseller.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Nope - I’m not a judge, but thanks for noticing that I was away. We pulled in late last night from a 10 day California vacation and had to work today (ugh). I missed the last round and will most likely also miss this round as my Nikkor 18-200mm has developed a focus issue…It no longer focuses at (or near) infinity at any focal length longer than about 50-65mm. I’ve communicated with Nikon and will be sending it in for service/repair. They say it will take at least two weeks for turnaround.

paul

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your lens. :cry

I felt the same way about having to return to work. rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 5, 2007

paul

Too bad about the lens Paul. Also, too bad about going back to work ... ugh is right, I know the feeling!

Welcome back though.
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Local NM Nikon Repair
    They say it will take at least two weeks for turnaround.
    paul

Paul,

We have a certified Nikon repairman in Albuquerque who does all the Nikon schools and may be able to provide a quicker turnaround. Mike Mayhew has taken care of my Nikons for a couple of years, avoiding the time hassle and seeming indifference of Nikon, while providing excellent service!
    They sponsor BistiArt...

Just a thought; you can find the contact info here...
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]