LPS11 results delayed...

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited September 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Gah!!! delayed!! It's the end of the world!!!
:lol3

Ok, not really, but rather than responding to threads and PM's, I guess I'll do my job and officially update you: I've decided to postpone the LPS11 results until next week.
  • Shay is AWOI (away with out internet) this week. Don't worry he's fine, just can't look at the LPS11 entries or communicate at all, he wasn't expecting to be so remote this week.
  • Preceding this bit of AWOI, Shay's boot camp got the best of him and the judging panel for LPS11 was not fully put into place. I'm still on a work-only internet basis here in Oz (you thought service in the US was slow???!!!) and haven't fully gotten back into the swing of things after switching continents, so kudos to Shay for doing it single-handedly for the past month already!
  • Hence, I've done my best to assemble a panel ASAP. Thanks to a few awesome dgrinners, this wasn't that hard. With me back in the judging mix, I've got a good panel, but for sake of consistency...
  • I'd like to have Shay continue to judge, as always, so we'll wait for his return.
As soon as Shay returns, he'll give me his list, and we'll post the results/feedback ASAP.

All good? :wave
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Green2Green2 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Howz The Land Down Under?
    Thanks for the information Erik.

I bet it does make things challenging being halfway around the world with Shay being AWOL.

Not even dial-up....no Internet???? How are you surviving? Addicted to my cable modem.
    Todd
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Sounds good to me. Thanks a bunch for all the hard work and for keeping us informed!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 4, 2007
    Green2 wrote:
    How are you surviving?
    Luckily, I'm here in the lab, a lot.

Wait, did I just say "luckily, I work a lot?" rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
    Erik

• dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    did I just say "luckily, I work a lot?" rolleyes1.giflol3.gif

Maybe the move has clouded your thinking. headscratch.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    folder marked "classified"
    Truth is, our sources lost all contact with Shay after this.

191806227-L.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:

191806227-S.jpg

rolleyes1.gif

I witnessed it firsthand. I don't know how he can recover....
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Thanks for the update, Doc! Just what the "Doctor" ordered up to relieve things!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    well, according to some of our local advertisements Doctor - we're the fastest in the world eek7.gifscratch:bigbs:puke so much for advertising!!

Never mind - I had a dream that I came last in this wings.gif so totally not fussed cheerleader.gif

Good luck and best wishes to all! friday.gifsince you all superceded my efforts within my sleep headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Where on earth is Shay!?!?!?!?!?!
    urbanaries wrote:

After that incident, a shorter more humbled Shay was spotted on a Hangpu river barge near Shanghai China with his new friend, smiling and waving to passing onlookers?!?!?! Once this photo was circulated he disappeared again??? Has anyone else spotted Shay?

192519693-L.jpg

Post your Shay sightings here....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Winston
    edited September 6, 2007
    Sorry Piggy, but you lie! He was down here at a local horse show riding front seat in one of the exhibition rounds.. This gal got married at the end of the round, so the boot camp was there to assist...

StunShayCropped.jpg
    Mark
    edited September 6, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Sorry Piggy, but you lie! He was down here at a local horse show riding front seat in one of the exhibition rounds.. This gal got married at the end of the round, so the boot camp was there to assist...

Lie! Me thinks you the cat calling the kettle black! your image is obviously a fake, a forgery, a composite! After China he was spotted in Olongapo Philippines in one of those motorcycle sidecar taxi death traps… don’t know if he made it out alive?!?!?!?!? Anyone else have a sighting???

192544663-O.jpg
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007

Lie! Me thinks you the cat calling the kettle black! your image is obviously a fake, a forgery, a composite! After China he was spotted in Olongapo Philippines in one of those motorcycle sidecar taxi death traps… don’t know if he made it out alive?!?!?!?!? Anyone else have a sighting???

NO Way Guys, you have to be mistaken!!

I was driving to work this morning, and I spotted Shay... Pan Handling on the street with some other dude....he looked bad.....I beeped the horn at him, but all he did was WAVE and then Waved that Sign...but I had to keep driving, traffic was moving....Shay has gone off the Deep End....

276726165.jpg
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I can't see how that is possible.....
    I could swear I spotted Shay running from the hospital after making the BIG change..... Scary thing is that I kind of thought s/he was kinda cute.

192590365-L.jpg
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 7, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifrofl you guys are cracking me up!!! I'm not allowed to laugh this hard at work!
    Erik

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrofl you guys are cracking me up!!! I'm not allowed to laugh this hard at work!

:lol4 I needed those laughs!!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    shay's at the Browns opener...
    that's why he doesn't have internet - they don't allow that kind of thing on the field.

192701398-L.jpg
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited September 7, 2007
    :duel
    Back I say, ALL of you, to your filthy mud pits, especially YOU, snoutface, whose accusations of sinful fraud will not succeed! Here is final proof that Shay's right here at that very wedding I mentioned, warming up the music section before the bride appeared:

Bluegrass%20Wedding%20With%20Shay%20Resized1.jpg

(Good One, Tessa:lol4 )
    Mark
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Last weekend during the heatwave I spotted Shay offshore in Southern Cal. Rumors are he is now involved in offshore drilling and illegal kickbacks. The local environmentalists in Huntington Beach are all up in arms as witnessed here.

192724199-L.jpg
    edited September 7, 2007
    OK I'll Play!
    192737384-M.jpg
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited September 7, 2007
    New Challenge theme--Shay: Hell or High Water?

BTW, kudos to all for some very funny pics.

Cheers,
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Toronto resale shop sighting. This intel's a couple of days old though. He could be anywhere by now.

192749652-M.jpg
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    richtersl wrote:

OMG linda yours is the funniest yet!!!! LOVE IT!!! rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    headscratch.gif After such exhausting whirlwind adventures, Shay has been spotted in my brother's arms. eek7.gif

rs.jpg
    edited September 7, 2007
    According to my sources, and this recently obtained photo… Shay decided to take a two week anti-terrorism course where he enjoyed playing the bad guy best! :D

192846250-O.jpg
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Another Sighting!
    Shay definitly gets around! After looking at all of the recent sightings, is it no wonder he can't find an internet connection. I was minding my own business at the US Open, enjoying a match when I caught this shot. Couldn't believe my eyes when I cropped in. All I can say is Shay definitely has skills! You should have seen him bounce and I never heard him complain once.

192911514-L.jpg
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    I'm still new here and haven't met this disappearing Shay fellow you speak of. But he does look familiar to me.

193036595-L.jpg
    edited September 8, 2007
    ne_nau.gif I could have sworn I saw him this morning....

193057722-M.jpg
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    MarkTodd wrote:
    I'm still new here and haven't met this disappearing Shay fellow you speak of. But he does look familiar to me.

GOOD'un mark...Laughing.gif and WELCOME

Shay is one of the Heads of Staff here and JUDGE of the LPS Contest....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Yea Spoofers...
    richtersl wrote:
    ne_nau.gif I could have sworn I saw him this morning....
    Linda and other insidious Spoofers above,

Even if you didn't, you got a resounding belly laugh from me...

NOW, ... what's Shay (a great photographer, never lost for poetic rejoinder) gonna' say?
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    I was hiking through the bush when I happened upon some sort of cult ritual...

193150592-O.jpg