Options

A Sticky Wicket

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 20, 2007 in Landscapes
Aha! My first success at posting a large sized image!

DSCN4428.tif.jpg

Comments

• Options
    InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    The cacti at the top almost look soft enough to sleep on!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Ooo very nice! Great lighting brought out lots of good textures. I think this large size is wonderful and does your photo justice. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Great shot......Did you shoot them in AZ.? I have never seen them in nature that way, were they in a nursery?????
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    Thanks for the comment. I did shoot these in Arizona. It was not a nursery, per se, but they might well have been planted together, as this was at a Botanical Garden (the name of which escapes me now). Here are a couple of different views of the same cluster.

DSCN4425.jpg

And from another viewpoint...

DSCN4424.jpg
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    The next time I go to the Gardens I will look for them......Great place to shoot pictures.......Azzaro
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2007
    Azzaro,

I still can't remember the name of that Garden, but it seems to me it was not all that far away from the town of Eloy, where I was staying at the time.
  • Options
    exploradoraexploradora Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 19, 2007
    Inspiration
    I have lived in Scottsdale, AZ and you have inspired me to visit the Botanical Gardens for the first time to take some pix!
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2007
    I have lived in Scottsdale, AZ and you have inspired me to visit the Botanical Gardens for the first time to take some pix!

Wow! That's cool. I don't think I've ever inspired anyone to do anything before.

Well, perhaps when I was a kid, I might have inspired my mom to pull her hair out! :D

But seriously, you should follow up on that trip to the Botanical Gardens. That place has inspirational views around every twist in the path. I got lots of good shots the day I was there. Luckily, that was in February, so the heat factor wasn't a major issue. Can't say I would care to be there in the summer!