Options

Whacked out - missing categories - files disappearing!?

EriktankEriktank Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited September 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I just tried to move 184 pictures from one gallery to another (moved them to a temp folder, so I could move back just the ones I wanted) And the page timed out while doing the "move".

At first it appeared to have moved four files - none were in my orignal directory - thus 180 pictures were missing. Then 6 more showed up in the original folder - I moved those as well. Then 12 more showed up in the original folder, but my temp folder no longer was available from the drop down menu to move my pictures too...

Now I have a random number of photos in the original gallery, while the temp gallery doesn't even exist to transfer files too from the "move" menu dropdown list...

The reason I didn't hand pick the ones I wanted to move was exactly this reason - I don't get along with moving files and smugmug I guess. It always has issues for me... and it's always when I try to make a quick change for a client when this stuff happens too... :huh

Is this another wait it out for the servers to sync up? This sure is a long time for something simple...

Comments

• Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    And of course - as soon as I hit submit on the thread (after waiting 15 MORE minutes) it fixes itself and all is back to normal... GRRRR... what's up with that?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2007
    G'day Erik,

Can you please link me to the galleries involved and I will have a look.

CHeers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    Dang you're quick Devbobo :)

Was trying to go from here:
    http://www.tanksdigitaleffects.com/gallery/3405548#190543993

To here:
    http://www.tanksdigitaleffects.com/gallery/3424563#190543981

But it DID work now... incase you missed my second message directly after hitting submit ;)

I just got the 25 or so files moved back to the original gallery and all seems well... but I'm posting now to see if it helps you figure out the original problem.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2007
    i think it might have been a load issue, which appears to have been sorted out now.
    thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos