Options

Space Needle

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited September 20, 2007 in Landscapes
I got to spend a couple days in Seattle with my family over Labor Day weekend. Here are a couple takes on the Space Needle.

191911773-L.jpg

191911298-L.jpg

The black at the bottom is the monorail line and the curvy building at the top is the Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum building...a very cool building!

C&C welcome!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I got to spend a couple days in Seattle with my family over Labor Day weekend. Here are a couple takes on the Space Needle.

The black at the bottom is the monorail line and the curvy building at the top is the Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum building...a very cool building!

C&C welcome!

Very cool shots, I especially like the one that juxtaposes Frank Gehry's work with the Space Needle, cool angle too. Have you seen Disney Hall here in Downtown LA LA land? Got anymore shots of the Gehry building?

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Elaine I love the unique perspective on these. We've all seen photos of the space needle but you were able to give it new life. I love the composition on both and the b/w conversion is great on #1. #2 however I wish I had either more or less color. My eyes can't decide.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    Thanks, Ian! I do have a couple more shots of the Gehry building...I'll post 'em up later.

Thanks, Schmoo! I know what you mean about the amount of color. I tried a B&W, but I ended up liking the subtle color of the roof and sky a bit better. It was evening, so the colors were subtle. I have another of the roof in B&W I'll post up.

Thanks again!
    Elaine

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Elaine,
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Very cool shots, I especially like the one that juxtaposes Frank Gehry's work with the Space Needle, cool angle too. Have you seen Disney Hall here in Downtown LA LA land? Got anymore shots of the Gehry building?

#2 is awesome! thumb.gif
    I would only cut off that black roof, it doesn't add anything IMHO and distracts a lot. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2007
    Well, I said I would post more of the Gehry building and I'm finally getting around to it! I'm no architecture photographer, but if you've never seen it before, these may give you an idea of just how interesting this place is!

198013288-L.jpg

198013716-L.jpg

198015304-L.jpg

191912033-L.jpg

Looking down at it through the cables of the Space Needle.
    198023857-L-1.jpg
    Elaine

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    Elaine wrote:
    Well, I said I would post more of the Gehry building and I'm finally getting around to it!
    Great shots of a great building. Very nicely done.

Cheers,
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    The Music place is pretty strange looking. But it really fits in.

The needle is a classic shot. Combining it with the music place? I dig that.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    Wow, Elaine tha second image makes my head spin. I literally got dizzy the first time I looked at it. Very cool.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    Elaine wrote:
    Well, I said I would post more of the Gehry building and I'm finally getting around to it! I'm no architecture photographer, but if you've never seen it before, these may give you an idea of just how interesting this place is!

Outstanding! Really great stuff.

If you're on netflix, put this on your list, it's a documentary on Frank Gehry and some of his work it's called "Sketches of Frank Gehry"

http://www.sonyclassics.com/sketchesoffrankgehry/

It's really interesting, and inspirational. I can just see some of the meetings he must have had early in his career, "you want to build WHAT?!" He must be one hell of a salesman.

Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    toferbaseballtoferbaseball Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    Nice looking shots of a not so nice looking building headscratch.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chris .. Aka.."Tofer"- Toferphotography toferphotography.smugmug.com ~ Canon EOS 7D 18-135 3.5IS / GoPro Hero4 Silver / Rebel XT (350D) ~ Tamron 17-35mm SP AF 2.8 ~ Sigma 28-300 F3.5-6.3 DG Macro // Canon 75-300 zoom // Canon 430ex // - (Motorola Droid) - Lowepro Slingpack ==> Facebook