Someone has thieved my pictures!!!

Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited September 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I thought I had my galleries set and secure, but I have found wedding pictures that I took on the brides myspace page!!!
If you pm me I will give you they gallery and password.

Help me please......I am so mad!!!

Heather

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    I thought I had my galleries set and secure, but I have found wedding pictures that I took on the brides myspace page!!!
    If you pm me I will give you they gallery and password.

Help me please......I am so mad!!!

Heather
    Go ahead please I'll investigate.
    edited September 5, 2007
    Got your pm.

You have right click enabled, ext links off. Good. You are blocking larges.

Your watermark is fairly unobtrusive, I'd suggest changing that. Make it more prominent, across the image.

Link me to the myspace page and I can tell you for sure, but I'm guessing all the client did was go to the temp files in the browser, and dig up the image in the temp files. Or they made a screengrab with any number of different screen grabbing software apps. Here's an example:

barefootandnatural___photos___kim___tony_ceremony_-_powered_by_smugmug-20070905-100536.jpg
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Andy, I personally emailed the gal and she told me this:

I havn't told anyone but aunt **** how to do it. The only way i did was I sent an email to myself sharing the pictures. that way i could have a direct link to the page. when the email is sent i could copy and save the image to my computer. I dont know how you can prevent it from happening but thats the only way it can be done. Im sorry if I offended you by doing it but I guess its better to know now huh? I guess you could put a security link on the pics so that when someone emails them to share them the reciever can't copy the pic to their computer? Let me know if I can help. If you want me to I can take the pictures down.

So no more sharing photos link???????
    edited September 5, 2007

I havn't told anyone but aunt **** how to do it. The only way i did was I sent an email to myself sharing the pictures. that way i could have a direct link to the page. when the email is sent i could copy and save the image to my computer. I dont know how you can prevent it from happening but thats the only way it can be done. Im sorry if I offended you by doing it but I guess its better to know now huh? I guess you could put a security link on the pics so that when someone emails them to share them the reciever can't copy the pic to their computer? Let me know if I can help. If you want me to I can take the pictures down.

Yeah sharing = photo off your site. Then they get the photo.

Watermark, watermark, watermark.
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    I will make a much bigger watermark!! How's this:

Don't steal me you rude bastard
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    I will make a much bigger watermark!! How's this:

Don't steal me you rude bastard
    :lol
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007

This sounds like you should respond and tell here that you offer reasonably priced digital downloads of the appropriate size and resolution for myspace. If she wants to put some of these on myspace that is great, but then she should purchase those digital downloads. Otherwise, she should remove them because they have been illegally or inappropriately copied (you decide which word to use).

It is a whole lot easier (and usually more friendly) to offer a prospective customer a reasonable solution for how to accomplish their goal rather than to just tell them to stop doing what they are doing.

If she refuses to cooperate, you have the ability to contact myspace about illegally copied content on their site and you could always tell her that you might do that, even if you don't.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question