Last Dance...

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 17, 2007 in Landscapes
DSCN4553.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kisikisi Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    cool subject! i like the textures in this and the overall feeling it evokes (loneliness, desertion, etc).
    my nitpick is that it looks like you were standing a little to the side and rotated the camera, which is why the top and bottom lines aren't parallel to the edges of the pic (either that or the camera was tilted, i can't totally tell). you can actually correct that if you have ps cs2 or above in the lens correction filter.
    also, tell them to take down that pole in front of the S!! rolleyes1.gif hehe. i bet you could clone it out but it would probably take a good bit of work.
    Kimberly Salem Photography
    food, portraits and weddings :D
  • Options
    Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    Thanks for your comment. You are correct, I was off to the side a bit, as was necessitated by the fact that there were large vans parked along side a very busy street which were blocking the head-on view. The only way to capture it straight on at this time would have been to stand out in the lane of traffic. I think this was the third shot I made, trying to get the image without a car speeding through it.

Unfortunately, my version of Photoshop is rather old, so I don't yet have the capacity to use the lens correction filter you suggested. I might, however, see what I can do about cloning out that lamp post. If I have any level of success with that endeavor, I'll post it here.

Thanks again,

Howard