Daydreaming

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 20, 2007 in People
Shot with natural light, which I thought was great for his skin tones and texture.

DSC_0136.NEF.jpg

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Very nice!
  • Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Thanks so much, Andi. Considering how stunningly beautiful some of your work is, I am thrilled to have your comment on one of my shots!
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Very nice and soft light, personally, i still would correct the redness in his skin :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited September 17, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Very nice and soft light, personally, i still would correct the redness in his skin :D

Thanks for the comment. As for the redness in his skin, I think that is more natural than a need for a correction. This gentleman is Mexican-American, so he naturally has some of that red in his skin color.

On the other hand, my monitor might not be calibrated correctly, so I can easily allow for the fact that you might be seeing something in the image that I don't. From here, it looks spot on, but I would be interested to know if anyone else sees a color cast in this image.

Thanks again!

-Howard
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    Thanks so much, Andi. Considering how stunningly beautiful some of your work is, I am thrilled to have your comment on one of my shots!

Just saw this comment! Thank you so much....

As for the redness, I agree with you. It does look natural in this case and I probably wouldn't overcorrect for it.

This would also look very nice in B&W... Looking at it again, the only thing I think I'd do is crop/PS out the logo on his shirt - my eye keeps going to that.

Still, quite nice!
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    Thanks for the comment. As for the redness in his skin, I think that is more natural than a need for a correction. This gentleman is Mexican-American, so he naturally has some of that red in his skin color. On the other hand, my monitor might not be calibrated correctly, so I can easily allow for the fact that you might be seeing something in the image that I don't. From here, it looks spot on, but I would be interested to know if anyone else sees a color cast in this image.

Thanks again!

-Howard

The skin tone looks natural to me given his ethnicity...no problems here. Wonderful portrait, Howard. It makes me wonder what he's looking at out of that window, what he's thinking.
    Scotty
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif - very nice portrait and wonderful use of light. I would clone out the logo on his shirt. The rest of the photograph would stand as is - wonderful!
    edited September 20, 2007
    Many Thanks!
    Thanks so much for all of your kind comments and suggestions. I am such a total noob at PS, it took me a while to research and figure out how to clone something out of an image. That clone stamp is a little miracle worker, isn't it? Here is the image, sans logo.

jesse.jpg

And for Andi, here is the B&W conversion of the shot, also minus the logo.

jessebw.jpg

Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate your support!

-Howard