Options

Portland, Oregon (trash the dress)

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited September 10, 2007 in Location, Location, Location!
He all,

I'm attending my sister in laws wedding this weeekend in portland.

Any locals know of any cool places to trash the wedding dress? i.e water falls, water features, public parks w/ great views, lakes, whatever.

I'm really excited about this since I've had allot of ideas for this. The only thing I'm not sure of is a location.

Any ideas or links to places w/ ideas are warmly welcomed.

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    He all,

I'm attending my sister in laws wedding this weeekend in portland.

Any locals know of any cool places to trash the wedding dress? i.e water falls, water features, public parks w/ great views, lakes, whatever.

I'm really excited about this since I've had allot of ideas for this. The only thing I'm not sure of is a location.

Any ideas or links to places w/ ideas are warmly welcomed.

-Jon

Jon...hello again :)

have you considered joining www.trashthedress.com's forum. It was started by a friend of mine, Marc Eric, an awesome photographer who is pretty much credited with popularizing TTDing. I think you may fit in well there!!! and maybe you can catch up with some oregon photographers...

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    rosselliot wrote:
    Jon...hello again :)

have you considered joining www.trashthedress.com's forum. It was started by a friend of mine, Marc Eric, an awesome photographer who is pretty much credited with popularizing TTDing. I think you may fit in well there!!! and maybe you can catch up with some oregon photographers...

- Ross
    Nice! Thanks Ross.

I loved the link you gave me man. Top notch!thumb.gif

I'll be shooting you an email once I get some questions answered from them.

-Jon
  • Options
    PhotoWriterGalPhotoWriterGal Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2007
    portland opps
    There are LOTS of great places to do this...Forecourt FOuntain and Salmon Springs FOuntain both in DT; Kelley Point Park where the Willamette and COlumbia Rivers meet...lots of sandy beaches; Pittock Mansion in the West Hills would be decadent; There's a cool fountain with a very modern steel sculpture in it at the Rose Garden (the real garden, not the stadium by the same name). The garden is in Washington Park, adjacent to DT. There's another great fountain down in the Saturday Market area, approx SW 1st and Couch St. If your sis is form there, she'll know lots of places. Portland is not short on water! Plus there about 10 major bridges that might inspire you.

Have fun, and show us the results!

Oriana
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    Portland is not short on water!

I'll add Barton or Carver parks on the Clackamas, Sellwood Riverfront park on the Willamette, and of course the gorge is full of waterfalls. Oh yeah, there's that park in the Pearl with an amazing water feature and Pioneer Square and that elk water trough in the middle of the street near the justice center and Keller Auditorium... PDX certainly is not short on water!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+