Trouble getting 'into' the next LPS

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited September 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
So am I the only one having trouble getting past LPS 11 and shooting for LPS 12? I had gotten so used to the routine of seeing my entry no higher than 11th place, sulking for a few days, and then starting to work on the next theme(s). Now that the results are delayed, I feel stuck on LPS 11 and unable to move on. I need....closure!
It seems I'm not the only one as the boards have been relatively quiet except for the brilliant Shay sightings. So anyone else feel stuck or is just me?
E

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Definitely feeling the same way, E. I haven't been able to pull anything together and am going out of town tomorrow, so it's unlikely I'll be shooting this round. I hate to miss one, but I'm feeling a little drained with it, and it's usually the failure of the previous round that pushes me on to the next. Not having those results has put me into a limbo land, but it shouldn't. I think it was just bad timing when matched up with our family vacation.

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I was slow to come up with ideas for this round, but I have a couple now that I am starting work on. Like most rounds, once I get an idea I like, it takes on a life of its own and I largely forget about the competition and just concentrate on shooting the idea.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I know what I'm shooting for the next LPS, but I feel stuck in limbo-land in my head regarding LPS11.

I felt like a kid when hearing we had to wait a week. It's certainly not the end of the world, but I was totally kicking the dirt and saying, "Ah, man!" in my head.

Jesse
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I sat out on #11 as I was drained from #10 and just felt like I had been pushing so hard. Maybe it wasn't a good idea as now I can't seem to get going! Actually, I did a lot of shooting during #10 that had nothing to do with the challenge. But I also did some of my best photography during that time, so I was pretty pleased. I have a lot going on in my life right now that makes focusing on this theme very difficult, but I plan to snap out of it and stick with the program. :ivar
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Actually I have a hard time keeping up with all of you anyway. I'm lucky to come up with an occasional entry for the LPS contests. I just try to keep shooting and find different areas to participate in that aren't quite as demanding but still help me grow as a photographer.

I have some ideas for LPS #12 but am not sure I'll be able to get them done during the contest time period. I'll try though!
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    San Felipe de Neri
    New Mexico's long history of Native Americans, Spaniards, and now us provides an opportunity for variegated digital expressions of Sin or Virtue.
    Rather than let past LPS efforts hold me down, a Virtue idea percolated the first of the week, took digital form Thursday, then coursed its way through PS yesterday. Yes, I had to try to find self-expression as Sin or Virtue. Then I had to play with a cloudy, late afternoon scenario after hunting to find an image I'd never shot, only heard about.

Last year, New Mexico celebrated its 300th year; there's a church on Old Town Plaza, San Felipe de Neri, that's now 301 years old. At the back of this church, there's an old Cottonwood tree (don't know its age) containing a Spanish carving. As near as I can presently tell, the carving is late last century.
    And, it has a definite connotation of Virtue...
    It's the Virgen de Guadalupe.

Then, of course, there's San Felipe itself!
    Old Town Plaza is an international tourist mecca. Visitor's charm is enhanced as they explore this ancient adobe church and its well-kept grounds. With 300 years of history, there's little doubt Virtue has been preached from its pulpit over the ensuing ages. Perhaps many have stood beneath its towering crosses and prayed for their own salvation...

When my artists' eye has found the right compositional balance, I'll try to show you guys some of these images!
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    BistiArt wrote:
    When my artists' eye has found the right compositional balance, I'll try to show you guys some of these images!

Can't wait!

Jesse
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Alas, it's looking doubtful as to whether I'll have any time to do any shooting at all for LPS 12! Waah! :tough
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Well, looks like we just started picking up with threads and entries. Now that the LPS11 results are out, I feel liberated from my state of limbo. I've had 3 ideas pop into my head in the last hour! Now to see if I can make them come out on film as good as they sound in my head....
    E