edited September 9, 2007 in Landscapes
460-bw-gkhouse-mapped.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Love the shot, don't understand the title. headscratch.gif

The line in the rock that starts in the bottom right brings my eyes right up to the chimney to settle on the building. I like that it's all off kilter because I love exploring these abandoned structures.

The very top of the chimney looks a touch hot and it doesn't look quite as rich as the exposure in the foreground - maybe possible to tone it down just a bit? Looks like it was a hot midday shoot.

Where is this?
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    OffTopic wrote:
    Love the shot, don't understand the title. headscratch.gif

The line in the rock that starts in the bottom right brings my eyes right up to the chimney to settle on the building. I like that it's all off kilter because I love exploring these abandoned structures.

The very top of the chimney looks a touch hot and it doesn't look quite as rich as the exposure in the foreground - maybe possible to tone it down just a bit? Looks like it was a hot midday shoot.

Where is this?

The building is up in Big Bear, Ca. Elevation is somewhere around 7,000'+. Midday, cloudless and I didn't want to hang until the sun went sideways. The sky was too blue so I decided to go BW. It seems I have better results with converting under those conditions.

Thanks for the compliment on the composition.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    toberstobers Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Nice lead line & composition. Looks very intriguing - I want to know what it was. Suits B&W as well clap.gif
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Please. Explain. Title.