gallery2smugmug anyone used this tool?

MelaquaMelaqua Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am using gallery 2.x and it continues to tell me that my gallery login is incorrect. But its not. I even created a new admin user with read/write access but same thing. I also upgraded gallery to the latest version of 2.x and it gave me the same error. I would really like migrate my gallery over with all the comments and everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Melaqua

Comments

• jswjsw Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2007
    try non-admin user
    Melaqua wrote:
    I am using gallery 2.x and it continues to tell me that my gallery login is incorrect. But its not. I even created a new admin user with read/write access but same thing. I also upgraded gallery to the latest version of 2.x and it gave me the same error. I would really like migrate my gallery over with all the comments and everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Melaqua

I have recently gotten it to work with a 1.x gallery (though it appended ".null" to all my filenames when they appeared in smugmug). The only suggestion I have is using a non-admin user. Also, if you are comfortable with the command line, you can run the app from the command-line to see somewhat informative error messages. I'm a java developer so I can correlate the exceptions with what's happening in the code. If anyone posts their log messages I can attemp to help.
  • DisneyswDisneysw Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    I used it to convert a Gallery2 system to smugmug a few weeks ago, so the software does work. It even managed sub folders and comments.

I did have the same problem as you but I don't remember off the top of my head what I did to fix it (sorry I only did one conversion).

I do remember I was initially canceling the program as I thought it had hung when in actual fact it was just very slow (my gallery was on a local machine, so a remote system could be very slow). I also remember using gallery remote to verify my login settings and I believe it started working after that.

Here is a link to the gallery I converted http://eye-for-photos.co.uk/gallery/3408693

If your still stuck, I'll try copying another gallery to see if it jogs my memory.

Gareth
    www.eyeforphotos.co.uk