for # 12

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 13, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Storms and lightning shows fury of God when people start to do lots of Sin.

193472697-L.jpg
193472701-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Hi Awais,

I like the pics. a lot, but without reading your explanation the message does not hit home as the lightning being a repurcussion of sin. ne_nau.gif

Just my 2c worth...
    Sunita
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    Hi Awais,

I like the pics. a lot, but without reading your explanation the message does not hit home as the lightning being a repurcussion of sin. ne_nau.gif

Just my 2c worth...
    Sunita

I knew it ....
    this is big problem for me always :pissed
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    I've seen your photos, and you have some great stuff there- I'm sure you can come up with something more relevant to the topic...

Good luck! thumb.gif
    Sunita
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    I've seen your photos, and you have some great stuff there- I'm sure you can come up with something more relevant to the topic...

Good luck! thumb.gif
    Sunita

15524779-Ti.gif You are a brilliant artist! What if you try telling a story through your photo which illustrates a sin or a virture instead of the result of that sin or virtue? The lightening photos actually make me think of the beauty of God's creation instead of God's anger.

I'm struggling right now because I have a title in my mind but can't figure out how to capture the scene which says the title... Oh, phooey!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    I see your shots...Lighting...As the WRATH OF GOD....for Man's Sin...I totally see where your coming from.

Nice Lightning Shots too.

But If I may suggest, what might make this composition more powerful would be the incorporation of Etheral Hands...Suggest the Great Spirits hands.

In times of myths and legends, Zeus and some of the Greek Gods are always depicted with "lightning bolts" and making the skys stormy and dark as in indication to their Anger and the power of their Wrath, when mere mortal men angered or crossed them..

Just my thoughts...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited September 10, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    I see your shots...Lighting...As the WRATH OF GOD....for Man's Sin...I totally see where your coming from.

Nice Lightning Shots too.

But If I may suggest, what might make this composition more powerful would be the incorporation of Etheral Hands...Suggest the Great Spirits hands.

In times of myths and legends, Zeus and some of the Greek Gods are always depicted with "lightning bolts" and making the skys stormy and dark as in indication to their Anger and the power of their Wrath, when mere mortal men angered or crossed them..

Just my thoughts...

Etheral Hands didn't get it headscratch.gif

My Gallery
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    Etheral Hands didn't get it headscratch.gif

I think he was suggesting you add a hand throwing the lightning. I'm not really sure that helps.

I like both shots, although I have to agree that they don't really fit the theme. I'm having the same problem, though.:D
    edited September 12, 2007
    mwgrice wrote:
    I think he was suggesting you add a hand throwing the lightning. I'm not really sure that helps.

I like both shots, although I have to agree that they don't really fit the theme. I'm having the same problem, though.:D

Yes got it thanks !
    I will try otherwise i will put one of these photos as something is better then nothing :D this week is full of assignments rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    Yes got it thanks !
    I will try otherwise i will put one of these photos as something is better then nothing :D this week is full of assignments rolleyes1.gif

Awais,

I am looking forward to your submission. I am quite familiar with the concept of Virtue in Western Christian culture, but would very much like to see how this theme would be approached by someone from a Muslim culture. Perhaps you could take a photo referencing Zakat, or "submission" (are these thought of as virtues the way, say, faith hope and charity would be in Christendom)? You have done some great Islamic themed work in the past.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Awais,

I am looking forward to your submission. I am quite familiar with the concept of Virtue in Western Christian culture, but would very much like to see how this theme would be approached by someone from a Muslim culture. Perhaps you could take a photo referencing Zakat, or "submission" (are these thought of as virtues the way, say, faith hope and charity would be in Christendom)? You have done some great Islamic themed work in the past.

The thunder hymneth His praise and (so do) the angels for awe of Him. He launcheth the thunder-bolts and smiteth with them whom He will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and He is mighty in wrath. (13)"
    Al-Rad (sura 13), Quran

Thanks for the reply . Yes Zakat etc is considered as virtue its objective is to circulate money in community.One who is eligible to give Zakat and he don't he is considered Sinner, and those bolts are for sinnersmwink.gif can you imagin Pakistani government deducts Zakat from bank accounts a very small percentage and people are so clever they move their whole amount out of bank before date approacheseek7.gif. I have lots of ideas but problem is that this whole weekend is totaly busy.
    But again it is difficult to decode the message for example i have an idea to shoot a well decorated grave which are common here. Islam says not to build graves like that as virtues of man can save him not designs of graves.
    One more thing i was thinking to shoot is a person with dark and white complexions Islam says one who is good in his virtues are supirior color sex hight nation don't matters.
    For example take that photo i wonder what you got from the shot ? no one never ever even in Pakistan noticed what is going on in this photo. headscratch.gif
    A guy is begging (doing sin) and praising God with other hand. Look at his thumb he is actually counting beeds with his fingers.

My Gallery
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    Too bad that shot isn't in the time frame. Is begging considered sinful in islam?
    Cave ab homine unius libri
    For example take that photo i wonder what you got from the shot ? no one never ever even in Pakistan noticed what is going on in this photo. headscratch.gif
    A guy is begging (doing sin) and praising God with other hand. Look at his thumb he is actually counting beeds with his fingers.

Love the Photo Awais. I guess maybe no one noticed what he is doing, I myself really can't see the praying beads, so maybe no one else noticed either.

So begging is a sin in Muslim religion?

Well at least he is praying, maybe he is praying that Allah will forgive him for having to beg, since he might not have any other choice but to beg??
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Too bad that shot isn't in the time frame. Is begging considered sinful in islam?

Yes it is sinful if person stays idle and he is able to do work for living. But ruler is responsible to take care of people who are not able to make their living. If he don't he is answerable to God. People don't pay Zakat etc hence poor won't get anything so they have to beg....... and cycle goes on. Muslims believe person is answerable for every moment and every penny they spend. It is even sinful if you eat a lot and neighbor is dieing from hunger.

These laws are Islamic Laws or also known as Sharia. People hate shariat or are reluctant to implement it as it makes ruler to answer what he do at all costs. It is alarming for their luxuries because before his luxury he have to take care who is dieing from hunger otherwise he will be answerable to everyone.

My Gallery
    Tentacion wrote:
    Love the Photo Awais. I guess maybe no one noticed what he is doing, I myself really can't see the praying beads, so maybe no one else noticed either.

So begging is a sin in Muslim religion?

Well at least he is praying, maybe he is praying that Allah will forgive him for having to beg, since he might not have any other choice but to beg??

Thanks mate. Yes you are right God judges everyone individually some sins like Shirk/murder will never be tolarated. Its our assumption that he is doing a sin but God knows his full story and he is the best Judge.
    Try to understand this
    Higher rank you enjoy more answerable you are. Wealth is also a test for human i.e how he use it ? pays a zakat(charity) or not.
    "In Pakistan 10 industrialists pays a zakat it will eleminate beggrey from Pakistan" but to bad they skip it rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    This will be a difficult theme for the judges. There are so many possible virtues and vices even within one culture. Then taking all cultures into consideration, there is a potential for many entries that the judges will not be able to interpret not knowing the philosophies of other nations. It should prove interesting. mwink.gif
    Thanks mate. Yes you are right God judges everyone individually some sins like Shirk/murder will never be tolarated. Its our assumption that he is doing a sin but God knows his full story and he is the best Judge.
    Try to understand this
    Higher rank you enjoy more answerable you are. Wealth is also a test for human i.e how he use it ? pays a zakat(charity) or not.
    "In Pakistan 10 industrialists pays a zakat it will eleminate beggrey from Pakistan" but to bad they skip it rolleyes1.gif

For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

:D
    edited September 13, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

:D

bowdown.gifso true Remember islam don't hates wealth and mercedis man should justify it's ownership mwink.gif so for the L glass eek7.gif Oh i asked which photo will be better to post ne_nau.gif

My Gallery