Looking For Inspiration For #12, You Might Find It Here...

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited September 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Came across this list while doing some research this morning. Perhaps it might spark some creativity in those needing a jump start. Hope it helps

Some virtues (a virtue is a character trait valued as being good) recognized in various Western cultures of the world include:
Here is where it came from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue

Have a great day.......

Joe

Comments

• davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    So ......... Innocence is a virtue.

I'm in. :D
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    davev wrote:
    So ......... Innocence is a virtue.

I'm in. :D

Whether one agrees or disagrees if "Innocence" is a virtue, what matters here is whether the submitted photograph moves the judges enough that a photo that displays innocence also conjures up virtuousity when it is seen. We can convince ourselves that it is, but the judges will decide.

Now Dave, I agree with Justiceiro's comment in your thread, that innocence is not a virtue.
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Innocence alone is, by definition, neither virtuous (n)or corrupt because it is the condition of being unable to distinguish between vice and virtue.

It also seems to me that to meet the theme visually, innocence is exactly what won't be there. If there is sin, we basically know that it is there but don't don't do anything, and if there is virtue, it is probable that a conscious act took place to keep it from being the opposite.

(Too many philosophy classes in college, I suppose!)
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Whether one agrees or disagrees if "Innocence" is a virtue, what matters here is whether the submitted photograph moves the judges enough that a photo that displays innocence also conjures up virtuousity when it is seen. We can convince ourselves that it is, but the judges will decide.

Now Dave, I agree with Justiceiro's comment in your thread, that innocence is not a virtue.

It also seems to me that to meet the theme visually, innocence is exactly what won't be there. If there is sin, we basically know that it is there but don't don't do anything, and if there is virtue, it is probable that a conscious act took place to keep it from being the opposite.

Fine, I'll go for gluttony then.
    Did you see the way that kid is sucking that bottle down?

I'm sure most know that the post above was one of those tongue in cheek posts.
    I know all about it being the judges choice, and I'll run with that shot, win, lose, or draw.

Maybe I should just make the bottle larger like this.:D

85350543.jpg
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    davev wrote:

I know all about it being the judges choice, and I'll run with that shot, win, lose, or draw.

85350543.jpg

clap.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    davev wrote:

I definitely like the one with the bigger bottle. Let's hope the judges do too.thumb.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Cool stuf clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    nice list - thanks!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    HoofClix wrote:

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well, about the virtue element of the challenge. It would have to be a completely mind-blowing image to convey the positives beyond just a 'happy-snap' so to speak. There are a million ideas but conveying them - guess that's why it is a challenge :D

I hope my comment doesn't appear to be a reflection on the above image, as I think it is gorgeous, especially with the larger bottle rolleyes1.gif