Problems viewing Slideshow

ArchangelArchangel Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited September 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,

I have over 300 photos (of a dog rescue fundraising event) uploaded to a Gallery. As you can see, I have alot of visitors (and one small order so far).

EVERYONE is complaining that they are having problems viewing the slideshow. This is very upsetting to me! Especially since I just renewed my account!

This has happened to me as well, the slideshow goes so far and then just freezes up.

Below are the comments I have received from the 1st three people. I am hoping this is just a glitch that can be easily corrected. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeanne
http://www.photosbyjeanne.com/gallery/3419997

"I'm up to picture 195 and the pictures no longer show ... just the caption :( I get the thumbnails though. I'm going to try again in a little bit. Maybe Smugmug is having a glitch!"

"When I click on slide show it tells me it is loading but at the
bottom there *error on page* - what am I doing wrong?"

don't know what was up with the slideshow, tried to two different ways.....

"One way, it gave me the original ones on the screen (to about 35) and then the next image was #300+!! then tried a different way, but again, only was allowed to see a small number....."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Hi, is this full-screen slideshow or the in-gallery slideshow?
  • ArchangelArchangel Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, is this full-screen slideshow or the in-gallery slideshow?

Andy,

I'm not sure but it looks like people are trying both ways. I tried myself before and I hit the slideshow IN-GALLERY and it gave me the "error on page" message. I have also had it freeze up during the FULL SCREEN slideshow.

Jeanne
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    Archangel wrote:
    Andy,

I'm not sure but it looks like people are trying both ways. I tried myself before and I hit the slideshow IN-GALLERY and it gave me the "error on page" message. I have also had it freeze up during the FULL SCREEN slideshow.

Jeanne
    FS slideshow seems to be working great, for me, IE6 or IE7.

Try clearing your browser's cache (temp files) and then close, reopen. If it persists, write to our Support Heroes - http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

PS: I LOVE Goldens :)