Error switching style

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
edited September 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
This is very odd. I have been having problems tonight switching styles of galleries. This isn't very consistent, but it seems like when I try to switch from any style (I've tried from traditional, and from slideshow) to smugmug, I am getting an error. (OK, now it does seem to be consistent... OK switching from smugmug to another style, but not OK switching back to smugmug style.)

On IE7, I get HTTP 400 Bad Request, and the url showing in the address bar is http://denise.smugmug.com/homepage/templatechange.mg. If I hit the back button on my browser, I am returned to the gallery I was viewing, in smugmug style (as I requested).

I just tried the same thing in Firefox, and got the following message: Server not found -
Firefox can't find the server at denise.smugmug.com%2fgallery%2f2979941%2f1%2f193692068. I'm using Firefox version 2.0.0.6.

Difference - I was logged in on IE7 and not logged in on Firefox.

It doesn't seem to matter what gallery I am using, but my tests were done using this gallery: http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/2979941. To make sure it wasn't something in my galleries, I just tried the same test using one of Andy's galleries. Same thing happened. I can change from smugmug style to another style, but when I change to smugmug style I get the same error I saw on my galleries.

--- Denise

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2007
    It's bugged in the bug thread and our engineers are on it - sorry for the hassle Denise and thanks for posting.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's bugged in the bug thread and our engineers are on it - sorry for the hassle Denise and thanks for posting.

This is a pretty horrible usability bug. It happened to me last week. I sure hope the fix gets rolled out real soon. When it happens to a naive user, they can get totally lost - not to mention how bad the user experience looks.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    jfriend wrote:
    This is a pretty horrible usability bug. It happened to me last week. I sure hope the fix gets rolled out real soon. When it happens to a naive user, they can get totally lost - not to mention how bad the user experience looks.
    Agreed - it sucks. And we're really sorry about it. It's been fixed internally and we're trying to get the fix on the site as soon as possible, John.
  • DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    I noticed the same bug on Saturday and had one customer complain about it.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • PB MediaPB Media Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    It was happening when I was customizing at home. It's happening on this school computer too. At least I know my computer isn't screwed up. rolleyes1.gif
    my smugmug: PB media
    Sorry it took so long, folks - the fix is applied and this bug should be squashed.
  • PB MediaPB Media Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    I just noticed the styles work. Thanks ..to the people that fixed it!
    my smugmug: PB media
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry it took so long, folks - the fix is applied and this bug should be squashed.

Cool. Working for me now.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question