Options

A Few Airshow Shots

vince71vince71 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited September 12, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Hi everyone. Lurking for a while and I'm making my first post. Thought I'd share some airshow shots from the Canadian International Airshow from last Saturday in Toronto.

193783339-M-2.jpg

193782415-M-2.jpg

193782490-M-2.jpg

193783089-M-2.jpg

193782314-M-2.jpg

193782390-M-2.jpg

193783109-M-2.jpg

193782725-M-2.jpg

193783654-M-2.jpg

It was tough shooting into the sun at times, and I know that some of the shots have too much contrast or are washed out, but they were take more for fun that for selling or profit. Any feedback though, would be appreciated.

Enjoy!

Vince
Montreal, Canada

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    stunning shots! what kind of reach did you have to produce those?
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    These are stunning weldone !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    vince71 wrote:
    Hi everyone. Lurking for a while and I'm making my first post. Thought I'd share some airshow shots from the Canadian International Airshow from last Saturday in Toronto.

It was tough shooting into the sun at times, and I know that some of the shots have too much contrast or are washed out, but they were take more for fun that for selling or profit. Any feedback though, would be appreciated.

Enjoy!
    Vince
    Montreal, Canada

Hi there Vince, and Welcome to Dgrin, sorry for my delay in replying,
    I've been a little court up in preparing to travel to Canada and USA.

What an excellent first post clap.gif
    Love that Second Image with jet and those vapours almost have a rainbow effect.

You did really well Vince ... what was your choice of lenses for the Airshow?
    I missed out on the big show here, we got promised tickets, but the person who promised them failed to deliver :cry

Looks like you had a very successful shoot.
    Thanks for sharing, enjoy the forum and its wealth of knowledge, and people thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    ... what was your choice of lenses for the Airshow?

Thanks for the compliments!

Those were taken with my 30D and the Canon 70-200L F2.8 lens. (Non IS version). They were shot at f7.1 or 8.0 and I was getting speeds of 1/2000 or so. I wanted to use the Canon 100 - 400, but it was already rented out. Maybe next time!

My workflow was RAW editing in Lightroom and I did my minor adjustments (noise, sharpening, etc) in Photoshop.

For aviation shots, I've got about 100 shots or so on Airliners.Net and about 160 on JetPhotos.Net. I also shoot a lot of sports and events for the local college where I work in Montreal (Soccer, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Rugby, Golf, Hockey, Grad, etc...).

These boards are great for suggestions and tips. I have to be careful not to get carried away with increasing the size and price of my wishlist with the latest and greatest gadgets that are talked about here. One step at at a time.

Talk to you guys soon and thanks again!

Vince
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    Nice shots, Vince. You had some tough conditions with the sun. It seems like they never take us photographers into consideration when they set up these things :D

I like your shots on a.net & jp.net as well. I'm closing in on 350 shots on jp.net myself. I've been using the Canon 100-400 for about 2 years now - if you get a chance to try it, you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    moose135 wrote:
    I've been using the Canon 100-400 for about 2 years now - if you get a chance to try it, you won't be disappointed.

Hey Moose. I've used the 100-400 and it's awesome. I 've used it for aviation, but mainly for Soccer, Rugby and Football. Great lens for outdoor sports during the day. I just need to pay off the house before I buy one! lol!
  • Options
    CheriegCherieg Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    nicely done.