lps #12, a watched pot never boils

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited September 11, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
any thoughts on if this could be competetive? is it too obscure or did you easily get patience out of it, you know, patience is a virtue? be honest if you think it's too blah.

194201517-L-1.jpg
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    To me, watching the pot like that actually communicates impatience and it comes across more as a foible than something with the weight of a sin. At the end of the day it makes me think more about dinner than morality.
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    Doesn't work for me, Tessa, sorry. But I do like the idea of trying to illustrate patience.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    Hey Tessa, I really like the photo and the selective use of blue tied to patience and ultimately to depression (wow, I made that jump) at not getting something that you are wanting and waiting for. I have to agree, though, that neither stirs emotional response of sin or virtue. Based on your previous work, I believe that you can definitely create a stronger image in relation to the theme. I'm looking forward to it.
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    That effect with the blue is cool. I like this photo a lot. I didn't get "patience" however, just by looking at it. That fualt, however, likely lies in me rather than the photo. I'm on the cusp about this.

This is good, but your previous work is stronger. I'd try another.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    Tessa, even if you don't enter this photo, be proud of it. It's great!
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    I really like the photo. However, I'm not getting a strong "patience" theme out of it. Dunno, this theme can be very VERY vague in interpretation, so its very much in the judges hands.

One critique of the photo, don't know if it was planned or not, but your spoon jar is blue also, and with the selective color for the fire you picked that up as well. I'd mask that out. The more I look at the photo the more I like it though.

two cents from a beginner grinner.
    Travis
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Nice shot Tess, but I don't think I really got patience out it...well frankly cuz I don't have a lot of patience..Laughing.gif So I probably might not recognize it if slapped me in the face....I do know the saying...I don't know perhaps a smaller pot showing the water, with a "time clock" showing and you looking a your watch with the spaghetti in another hand...Patience is all about time....I would emphasize that some way

Did I make sense, Hope you understand where I'm coming from, cuz I can actually visually see your composition in my minds eye.

"Female Exec she is frantic, rushing home from work, briefcase flown on the table, Time is short and she is rushed...Water won't boil. loosing patience cuz of rush factor...all about TIME.."

Good Luck
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    thank you all for your comments, i agree - back to the drawing board!!!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    Tessa HD wrote:
    thank you all for your comments, i agree - back to the drawing board!!!

Oh, but it will be a good drawing board!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    Travis wrote:
    Oh, but it will be a good drawing board!

:D i sure hope so!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com