Options

entering the challenges IS A CHALLENGE for me

DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited March 1, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I really don't want to appear ignorant, but I keep trying to enter challenges and somehow always mess up!

I usually hit the "reply" just under the contest explaination. It didn't work!

I wrote an email to the guy in charge and he didn't write me back.

A nice member helped me with other problems in here but I somehow lost that link.

It would be soooooooooo nice to have this explained to me. Don't we just hit the "reply" button on the bottom right corner to enter? Then just hit the little yellow photo square as seen above , browse and upload?

I appreciate any assistance. I'd love to meet everyone and also critique their work, but I'm having troubles getting around in here.

Dawn
:rofl
LandrumPhotoArt@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    DawnLand wrote:
    I really don't want to appear ignorant, but I keep trying to enter challenges and somehow always mess up!

A nice member helped me with other problems in here but I somehow lost that link.

It would be soooooooooo nice to have this explained to me. Don't we just hit the "reply" button on the bottom right corner to enter? Then just hit the little yellow photo square as seen above , browse and upload?

I appreciate any assistance. I'd love to meet everyone and also critique their work, but I'm having troubles getting around in here.

Dawn
    rolleyes1.gif
    LandrumPhotoArt@aol.com
    whoa, such large text. when you hit the yellow photo button, you should paste the URL of your photo from a web page, not upload (that's for attachments and eats resources).

is this thread not helpful? http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=689&postcount=2

good luck!! I hope you get it straightened out soon. mwink.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    hi there, dawn :D i'm the guy in charge and i recall answering your note, just prior to you entering this lovely shot in the fire, matches and candle challenge.

here are the basics

you can start a thread in challenges forum, title it "dawnland's challenge XX entries...." in this thread is where you seek your critiques, comments, etc. folks will help, if you ask, i promise! deal.gif

once you've settled on your entry, you simply either link it (embed) or attach it as an attached file, as a reply to the main challenge post for the current challenge.

if you'd like to learn more about how to post a pic here on dgrin, there's a step by step tutorial in this thread.

i hope this helps, and glad to see you here wave.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    whoa, such large text. when you hit the yellow photo button, you should paste the URL of your photo from a web page, not upload (that's for attachments and eats resources).

is this thread not helpful? http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=689&postcount=2

good luck!! I hope you get it straightened out soon. mwink.gif
    Thank you so much. Will do! dawn
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    hi there, dawn :D i'm the guy in charge and i recall answering your note, just prior to you entering this lovely shot in the fire, matches and candle challenge.

here are the basics

you can start a thread in challenges forum, title it "dawnland's challenge XX entries...." in this thread is where you seek your critiques, comments, etc. folks will help, if you ask, i promise! deal.gif

once you've settled on your entry, you simply either link it (embed) or attach it as an attached file, as a reply to the main challenge post for the current challenge.

if you'd like to learn more about how to post a pic here on dgrin, there's a step by step tutorial in this thread.

i hope this helps, and glad to see you here wave.gif

Thanks a heap Andy. I'm sorry if I sounded as if I were upset with you, I'm not. I emailed you a question just recently and didn't hear back. I suppose it's AOL.

I appreciate your help! This is a really great idea and I am anxious to get my feet wet in here.

Dawn
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    DawnLand wrote:

Dawn
    rolleyes1.gif
    LandrumPhotoArt@aol.com
    Hi, Dawn
    Hang in there once you get it to work one time.
    It will be easy to learn the other options. I also wanted
    to let you know there is a size limit to your photo upload file.
    You will get a file to large message if, your photo is over the size limit.
    If, it is to big you will need to use photo shop or some program to shrink it.
    you might be able to crop out some of the out edges to make is smaller also.
    I found out there is also a limit to how small your photo can be.
    If it is to small they will ask you to upload a larger photo.

Good Luck,
    Chuck,
    Photo's by Chuck: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photosbychuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com