Photos not showing

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited September 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Howdy.....my photos aren't showing. I see the gallery thumbnails, but when I click to see a gallery -- no photos show up. Changing display styles doesn't help.

I've made no recent customizations.

Lee

Comments

• leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    First the title should read "photos NOT showing"

Second, it appears to only be a problem with Firefox. Works fine in IE.

Also, in firefox, the control panel doesn't work. I can't click on the tabs and have them do anything. That's when I tried it in IE and found it works.

Lee
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    What's the link to the gallery?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    leebase wrote:
    First the title should read "photos NOT showing"

Fixed. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    RogersDA wrote:
    What's the link to the gallery?

http://leebase.smugmug.com/

Lee
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    leebase wrote:
    In firefox, clear out all your temp files, close and reopen the browser. See if that fixes things - I see your photos just fine, all browsers.
    Andy wrote:
    In firefox, clear out all your temp files, close and reopen the browser. See if that fixes things - I see your photos just fine, all browsers.

Wierd -- that fixed it.

Lee
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    Client having the same problem in IE 7
    I am at a client's house and the images in the galleries are not showing. They show on the main page and other pages, just not in any of my galleries. I don't think it is site related, as everything looks fine from my PC.

Client is using IE 7 on a cable modem and my site is jimmitte.smugmug.com
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    JimM wrote:
    I am at a client's house and the images in the galleries are not showing. They show on the main page and other pages, just not in any of my galleries. I don't think it is site related, as everything looks fine from my PC.

Client is using IE 7 on a cable modem and my site is jimmitte.smugmug.com
    Do they have IE security at "default" ? Javascript enabled?

Do they have addons, blockers, adblockers, firewalls? It's not very common but there some tools/addons that can block images from SmugMug.

Write our help desk for more help, we'll get you / them sorted no worries.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    I had to leave her house, but emailed her what you asked here. She has fixed it now. For what it is worth, this is what it turned out to be...

Hello Jim,

Well, guess what? I figured out the picture problem. I went to my neighbor's and pulled up the BYF pictures there with no problem. I noted how different the coloring of the background/banner of the website was on their screen compared to mine so I thought I would mess with the "color" on my computer. It ended up being that I needed to go to "appearance and themes" under the control panel. There is a "high contrast" option to the left of that screen along with options for fonts and mouse pointers. Well, our's was set with the high contrast to on. Once I turned that option off, it was all good.

Thanks for your suggestions Andy, this might help others in the future.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos