Ch 33 Surprise!

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited March 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Hey Angelo!

Along with your header that shot really brought a smile!!020105_emYA4_prv.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Love the eyes Angelo! The shadow on the neck is a bit harsh for me but otherwise I really like it..
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    nice pic angelo, again the shadow takes a little bit away from the rest. at first i thought it was celine.

cb
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    thanks for the input. any ideas on how to shoot an interior candid with flash AND avoid shadows?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    thanks for the input. any ideas on how to shoot an interior candid with flash AND avoid shadows?
    I think I know my own answer. I believe I bounced the flash off the ceiling in this shot. That certainly would've casued this type shadow. Ya think?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I think someone mentioned on here that the key is to bounce the flash off the ceiling and not directly at the subject..I've been trying that and it works for me but I am sure one of the knowledgeable folks will chime in..
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    well shows you I don't know what I am talking about lolrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    well shows you I don't know what I am talking about lolrolleyes1.gif
    funny labs.
    i was doing both so I can't be sure what happened here but it seems logical the light came from above to cause such a shadow. yes?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    funny labs.
    i was doing both so I can't be sure what happened here but it seems logical the light came from above to cause such a shadow. yes?
    No Angelo but now that I remember I think the color of the ceiling matters as well. If the ceiling is white it will absorb the light. I am pretty sure if you do a search on here you can find info on using a flash or post a question. I don't know the reason but I am fairly certain that bouncing the flash off the ceiling is not what causes the shadow. I will leave this to someone more knowledgeable before my foot gets shoved further in my mouth
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    I have no clue. I sometimes get shadows and sometimes I don't.

Try diffusing the light with a handkerchief or toilet paper. There are all sorts of ways, and a 50.00 book to tell you how, to do this.

Point the flash part way up, then use cardboard to point it down a bit, anything so it is not so harsh. Back up.

As you can tell, I don't know, but those are guesses.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Labs / Ginger

Thanks, I'll look for more direction and info. I guess logic can't always be trusted. :):
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Labs / Ginger

Thanks, I'll look for more direction and info. I guess logic can't always be trusted. :):
    Angelo, this was the one I could find. It does show emotion. The shadow didn't bother me. I didn't see it until everyone was talking about it.

I don't think it is terribly strong, but that is about the most expression I think an adult is going to show................so you can photograph it, anyway.

I would go ahead and enter it unless you see something else, accidentally or something. I get my strongest shots when I am not looking for them. And usually not for the challenge of the moment.

ginger (thanks for your help. Yes, that was why I left it dark, it was getting dark) And it was very wintery.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005