Bizarre Behavior

claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
edited September 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm noticing some really strange behavior on SM sites.

I'm using FF & have cleared the cache, but on the machine I'm using at the moment, I see no images--just a little white square--in smugmug & smugmug small (which, of course are the most-used). IE seems to be working.

Additionally, in my own galleries, the gallery tools dropdown is nonfunctional in FF. I can get into the gallery settings through the Customize button at the gallery thumbnail, but it's very slow. Agasin, in IE it's fine, though sometimes is taking two tries to take.

Finally, I use the bulk zoom thumbnail hack--which has been working for a year now--that suddenly refuses to recognize that originals are available. So I'm back to the painful one-at-a-time method. :cry:bash

I will try on another machine later today to see if it's isolated to one PC, but this is very, very odd & disturbing behavior. Seeing that I haven't changed anything on this end, I'm wondering what happened on the other end.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    Chris, clear all your FF cache and see if the issue persists?
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    I did--at least I think I did. Where I went: Tools->Options->Privacy, then under Private Data, clicked the Clear Now button. That had no effect. Is there some other place I need to clear?

The other part is the BZT hack--it simply does not function any more. I am currently doing them one at a time in IE7 (thankfully it was a small shoot).
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    I did--at least I think I did. Where I went: Tools->Options->Privacy, then under Private Data, clicked the Clear Now button. That had no effect. Is there some other place I need to clear?

The other part is the BZT hack--it simply does not function any more. I am currently doing them one at a time in IE7 (thankfully it was a small shoot).
    Usually when things aren't displaying right you need to remove the Smugmug cookies.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins

Bulk Zoom has been updated - you should subscribe to this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26959

:)

Are you running any addons in FF? IF so, which ones?
    edited September 13, 2007
    OK, BZT thread is subscribed. I'll try the new version--sweet, works nicely. :D

I have cleared all smugmug cookies (except dgrin--shouldn't affect anything)--no joy. I do have several FF plugins, but nothing new for a long time. Obviously still missing something on this machine. headscratch.gif

Oh, on a side note, I hadn't gone into the control panel for a while...AWESOME! It's organized like I wish it was for a long time. Good work, guys!
    edited September 14, 2007
    Just a quick, not too surprising update. The issue is definitely with one specific machine's FF install. On another machine FF works perfectly, so it's definitely something fouled up in cache that I haven't tracked down yet. Maybe just a reload of FF is in order.
    edited September 17, 2007
    headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif OK, final update here. Got back to the problem machine...and it's working again. I guess I did get the right caches, but it took the computer a while to realize/admit it. Sometimes you just gotta love computers! rolleyes1.gif