Options

Formatting

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited February 28, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Ok, I see people branding their images on Smugmug with their logo, I do that too. However, is there a way to have a branded image on the site that people can buy without having the branding on it?

Reason is, I caught someone using an image of mine that they had snagged off my protected gallery (real hard I know, shift-print screen). Without putting PROOF across it anyone can do that. But I want people to be able to buy prints off the site.

Bones

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Ok, I see people branding their images on Smugmug with their logo, I do that too. However, is there a way to have a branded image on the site that people can buy without having the branding on it?

Reason is, I caught someone using an image of mine that they had snagged off my protected gallery (real hard I know, shift-print screen). Without putting PROOF across it anyone can do that. But I want people to be able to buy prints off the site.

Bones

If you use the watermarking feature of Smugmug the watermark does not appear on the print. However, it can be a bit obtrusive for online viewing. Even so, I've started using watermarking for galleries that are speculative shooting, such as the races. My competitors do as well.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Race photos I already do it with, but with my shots from Maui of the whales and such it is really a distractant.
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    BBones wrote:

Bones
    You could always register the pictures with the government, then when you find someone using your copyrighted/registered images, you could sue them and make some money while teaching them a lesson. :D