Cycling in Missouri

cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
edited September 18, 2007 in Sports
Over the weeked I worked as a volunteer for the Kansas City MS Bike Ride. I snapped a couple shots Sunday morning along the route from Sedalia to Raymore:
194082042-L.jpg
194082073-L.jpg
Then on Tuesday I got to take a few hours off of work and see some of stage 1 of the Tour of Missouri. I had a pretty good spot picked out, but I didn't realize how harsh the light really was. I probably should have been on the inside of the turn around using fill flash.
194819670-L.jpg
194819701-L.jpg
194819776-L.jpg
At least I got Levi sporting his new duds in one frame (the rider in the blue, red and white jersey on the left side of the frame):
194819735-L.jpg
200660988-M.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    Nice action mate. Im yet to try doing these guys.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Nice action mate. Im yet to try doing these guys.

Thanks mate,

This was my first time shooting pro cycling. These guys are fast! I'd love to have another crack at these. After getting home and looking at my shots I figured out a few things I needed to do better. For example, even though I was using 1/500 (or quicker) shutter speeds, I still needed to be more accurate with my panning.

By the way, I would think that with Robbie McEwen being a Brisbane resident you'd have some pro road cycling races there. If not, you could always stick Doc in a pro team jersey and shoot him :D