Cellphone everywhere

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 28, 2005 in People
16665317-L.jpg

Hi, Mom. We just hiked up the highest peak and we're about to ski down the steepest, narrowest chute.

16660899-L.jpg

Hey, Ben. We're at the top of High Rustler. Snow is good. Meet at the bottom of the lift for another run?
If not now, when?

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Wow, again. You got the steepness on that last shot, Rutt.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow, again. You got the steepness on that last shot, Rutt.
    Yes, this is a famous steep place. And as you can see, it is visible from the parking lot and the lodges at the bottom. The ski patrol sometimes throw dummies off the top to help people who shouldn't be there form a proper respect for the place. On New Year's Eve, there is a torchlight parade down this slope. And on the last day of the season, in mid April, the ski patrol haul some kegs and other (lighter) stuff up there for a huge costume party.
    If not now, when?
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Good Lord! eek7.gif

*dies*

You definitly captured the emotion that I would feel beeing that high up! Priceless that he's on the cell though! I bet he's getting great reception! lol3.gif

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    The other thing that's fun to do on high rustler is impersonate that dummy the ski patrol throw off the top. I've done that a few times... Some people call it falling, I call it skiing on my back.

Alta is my all-time favorite ski "resort" (if you can call it that.) When I was a freshman in college I went every week. Back in the $19 lift ticket days... These pictures are itching my jealousy bone, Rutt. Great stuff.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.